Our Sales team support our customers by providing clinical information about products, educational information, clinical training programs and resources. We support healthcare providers and healthcare systems meet the goals of the patients in their communities.
The Customer Team Leader plays a critical role in establishing our Company's customer focused initiative.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
- Leading and managing Customer Representatives in identifying customer needs.
- Coaching representatives, overseeing training, and completing people management processes for Customer Representatives and effectively developing and resourcing his/her customer team to address customer needs.
The ideal candidate for this role will demonstrate the following behaviors and attitudes:
- Strong leadership skills with experience leading teams through change and new challenges by applying situational coaching skills and using emotional intelligence
- Self-starter who is comfortable working in and leading a team through ambiguity and the capacity to see ‘what can be’ for this new organization.
- Communicate with courage and candor as we evolve our engagement model for this customer segment
- Customer-centric mindset and the skills needed to listen to customers and understand their objectives and overall relationship with our broader organization
- Leads by example by modeling flexibility, candor, and a willingness to respond during times of change while maintaining a positive attitude Demonstrated account planning and management skills and strong collaboration with extended teams toward common goals
This territory covers: Seattle, WA; Billings, MT; Portland, OR; N. Cal; Salt Lake City, UT
The ideal residence would be in the territory.
Overnight Travel: 50%
Travel (%) varies based on candidate’s location within the geography.
- Required: BA/BS
- Preferred: MBA/MS
- Preferred: Science, Business or Healthcare Discipline
- Minimum of (5) years’ experience in Sales, Marketing or Managed Care - Pharmaceutical industry
- Valid Driver's license
- 50% Travel
- Minimum of (3) years’ experience working with key thought leaders or high influence customers in large group practices, hospitals, or managed care organizations
- Minimum of (2) years’ experience working in Marketing, Managed Care, or Sales support areas within the Pharmaceutical industry
- Experience working in Marketing
- Experience working in Marketing or Basic Research
- Experience selling in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech & Medical Device Industry
- Previous Field Sales Management experience.
- Capable of establishing relationships and networks within a customer organization.
Our Human Health Division maintains a “patient first, profits later” ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: