Requisition ID: MAR007339
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck's Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a "patient first, profits later" ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
The Associate Director in Payer Marketing is responsible for the development and implementation of the integrated payer strategy for the U.S. Vaccines portfolio. Payers are a critical stakeholder for the vaccines business because of their role in ensuring that their populations have access to these important products.
The incumbent will serve as the expert on the payer segment, customer needs, and payer-specific business opportunities for the U.S. Vaccines organization.
- Play a lead role with U.S. Vaccines marketing and the Integrated Account Management (IAM) organization to ensure broad access to vaccines and improve vaccination rates for key products, including GARDASIL 9 and PNEUMOVAX 23;
- Work closely with the payer account teams to implement the vaccines payer strategy, including coordination with field and headquarters teams in the U.S. Vaccines organization;
- Develop innovative payer engagement strategies for the payer account teams to achieve above-brand and brand-specific objectives;
- Implement a process to measure and track execution of the payer strategy, including sharing best practices and case studies across customer teams;
- Work directly with customers on initiatives to improve vaccination rates for HPV and pneumococcal disease;
- Provide input to assigned brand teams and the U.S. Vaccines leadership team to incorporate segment trends, customer point of view, and related implications into planning and strategy;
- Collaborate with regulatory and commercial legal, US Pricing & Reimbursement, Center for Observational and Real-world Evidence (CORE), and other internal stakeholders to ensure that all activities meet Merck's business objectives and compliance standards.
The incumbent will have the opportunity to develop strategic thinking skills through the development and implementation of innovative initiatives that support customer and business needs related to the Merck vaccines portfolio.
The position is based out of Upper Gwynedd, PA, reporting directly to the Director of Payer & Employer Marketing for U.S. Vaccines.
Education Minimum Requirement: Required:
- BA/BS Degree
- Preferred: MBA or other advanced degree
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years combined marketing, marketing/sales support or account management/sales
- Demonstrated ability to execute a brand or customer marketing strategy
- Strong leadership skills and ability to collaborate across the organization, including influencing without authority
- Ability to learn quickly and to assess a variety of scenarios, strategically and operationally
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Strong knowledge of healthcare market dynamics, including influences between payers and other customers (e.g. integrated delivery networks), macro U.S. healthcare trends, etc.
- Account management experience, particularly working with C/D suite customers
- Familiarity with the development process for promotional materials, including the Medical-Legal (i.e. PRT) process
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Market/Segment Development
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name: Merck