Requisition ID: ENV000642
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare .
Provide worldwide process safety management (PSM) audit, field execution verification and site program implementation support.
Provide expert technical leadership and foster collaboration between global sites/functions with a focus on driving improved PSM results. Specifically, working directly with functions/sites in identifying process safety related hazards, compliance obligations, assessing risks, and assisting in implementing compliant technical solutions in conjunction with other Safety Center of Excellence PSM technical experts.
PSM Implementation and Verification in the following areas:
- Process safety compliance and industrial process safety-related consensus standards (OSHA, HSE, NFPA, ANSI, FM Global, API, ASME, ATEX, SEVESO, AIChE, IChemE, etc.)
- Hazard analysis methods and risk assessments.
- Other PSM program elements such as Process Design and Control, Process Information, Process Specific Training, Operating Procedures, Management of Change, Prestart Safety Review, Mechanical Integrity, Incident Investigation, Fire Protection/Loss Prevention and Emergency Response, etc.
Education Minimum Requirement:
B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, electrical engineer or related field or BS Chemistry.
Required Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of 5 years of process safety experience in chemical, pharmaceutical, biochemical, petrochemical or process related industry.
- Detailed working knowledge of chemical manufacturing, pharmaceutical/biological process operations and equipment.
- Detailed working knowledge of process safety compliance and industrial process safety-related consensus standards (OSHA, HSE, NFPA, ANSI, FM Global, API, ASME, ATEX, SEVESO, AIChE, IChemE, etc.)
- Trained and experienced PSM compliance auditor that can work in a collaborative environment.
- Direct experience managing or implementing elements of Process Safety programs with proficiency in development of technical requirements, communications and training programs for programs noted above and for dissemination to global organization at the senior and line management levels as well as operational level colleagues.
- Proven knowledge in development and/or management of Process Safety program elements (Process Design and Control, Process Information, PHA, Process Specific Training, Operating Procedures, Management of Change, Prestart Safety Review, Mechanical Integrity, Incident Investigation, Fire Protection/Loss Prevention and Emergency Response, etc.).
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Secondary language skills.
- Certification or registration as a Professional Engineer, Certified Safety Professional or Certified Process Safety Auditor.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Env, Health & Safety Generic
Other Locations: West Point, PA, US
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark