Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
An Associate Director, Project Management will provide project management leadership to global drug development project teams. The individual will work closely with the Director/Sr. Director Project Management, Development Team Leader, and Therapeutic Area Head to ensure successful completion of project goals and objectives on schedule and within budget. This individual will also participate in Project Management operational and process improvement initiatives.
- In collaboration with the CMC Team Lead and/or External Manufacturing Product Lead, lead cross-functional teams in preparing project objectives that support the corporate objectives and organize cross functional activities to ensure completion of the project within scope, on schedule and within budget constraints
- Partner with team leadership to guide and motivate project team members and highlight conflicting functional needs
- Lead and facilitate cross functional teams and maintain key meeting output documents and updates
- Train new and existing staff to ensure that they are well versed with the procedures and techniques used for project delivery
- Lead and partner with teams and leads in preparing material and presentations for Governance teams
- Establish and maintain comprehensive project plans
- Collaborate with team to identify project risks, employ risk management best practices and prepare mitigations and contingency plans
- Coordinate budget cycle (LE) with budget owners
- Identify and communicate resource constraints
- Provide and when required lead project management support for corporate projects and initiatives where requested
- Proactively define and lead improvements to project management processes, tools and infrastructure to ensure ongoing efficiency across the Jazz GPMO organization
- Lead communication of project status reporting and resource constraints to senior management
- Prepare project updates for governance meetings and clearly communicate status in written documents and presentations
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of drug development and project management processes including CMC and commercial product manufacture.
- Must possess keen analytical abilities and have sufficient financial understanding to review financial data and facilitate the compilation and communication of project finances
- Must be able to prioritize and multi-task, work effectively with little or no direction, and build collaborative relationships with management, partners and peers from diverse backgrounds in a matrix organizational structure
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities under tight deadlines
- Clear written and verbal communication, strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Project); Visio a plus. Planisware experience a plus.
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Bachelors' Degree (preferably Life Sciences) and minimum 8 years of related experience in Drug development/CMC & Commercial manufacturing including minimum 4 years independently managing or leading cross-functional project teams in a drug development company.
- Advanced Degree (MS/PhD/PharmD/MBA) a plus.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) a plus.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.