Vir Biotechnology is a commercial-stage immunology company focused on combining immunologic insights with cutting-edge technologies to treat and prevent serious infectious diseases. Vir has assembled four technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and enhance the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Its current development pipeline consists of product candidates targeting COVID-19, hepatitis B virus, influenza A and human immunodeficiency virus. For more information, please visit www.vir.bio .
We believe the success of our colleagues drives the success of our Mission. We have an ongoing commitment to creating a company passionate about equality, inclusion, and respect. When everyone feels supported and encouraged to give at their best, we will collectively deliver outstanding results.
Vir Biotechnology is seeking an Associate Director, Project Management to provide senior-level project management and leadership for Development Program Teams.
The successful candidate will collaborate with the Program Executive, the Program Team and internal and external partners to drive the development of early to late-stage assets. Additionally, the individual will provide project management support for clinical or other sub-teams as required to support major development strategic objectives. The ideal candidate for this position will combine strong project management and pharmaceutical development experience with a passion for leading cross-functional teams, working with key internal partners, and driving positive outcomes in a multifaceted environment. This position is within a diverse, growing organization reporting directly to the Vice President.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES:
- Partner with Program Executive to lead global project/program plans for one or more assets.
- Supports Program Team performance, alignment, and communication through effective use of tools and leadership.
- Responsible for agendas, minutes, action items tracking, and timelines to support program objectives.
- Support identification of risks and mitigations and ensure timely problem solving.
- Partner with Clinical sub-team lead to drive operational activities, including timeline creation and management.
- Responsible for supporting team presentations to governance, leadership, Board of Directors (BoD) and portfolio review meetings.
- Contribute to the establishment and refinement of standard project management processes, systems, and tools
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in scientific discipline with ten (12) years of experience in drug development; or advance degree (MS, PhD, MBA), preferred, with commensurate experience.
- Depth of project management and drug development knowledge sufficient to allow her/him/them to drive activities with a high degree of independence.
- Able to perform both tactical, operational work (agendas, minutes, timelines) as well as engage and drive strategic dialogue across all stages of development and all levels of leadership
- Previous work and leadership experience across early-to-mid stage clinical development preferred
- Experience managing projects with remote teams and through external alliances preferred.
- PMP or advanced project management training/certificate preferred but not required; knowledge of PM methodologies, concepts, techniques, and tools with significant work experience is required.
Vir's compensation and benefits are aligned with the current market and commensurate with the person's experience and qualifications. All full-time employees receive a package that includes: compensation, bonus and equity as well as many other Vir benefits and perks such as: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, non-accrual paid time off, company shut down for holidays, commuter benefits, child care reimbursement, education reimbursement, 401K match and lunch for all lab essential personnel!
Vir is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact Human Resources to request accommodation.
Vir Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.