Requisition ID: QUA008426
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that's committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
The Associate Director, Quality Operations will manage teams responsible for Quality Systems, Quality Control and Quality Assurance at the DeSoto site. The selected candidate will solve complex problems and act as a resource for colleagues across multiple areas.
Additional responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Lead teams or large projects and apply business skills related to building working relationships, forecasting, planning and cost control.
- Instill and maintain robust safety and quality culture
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure both internal and external customer needs are met
- Use Lean Manufacturing tools for effective problem solving and continuous improvements
- Proactively elevate any issues impacting safety, quality, or delivery goals
- Perform in-depth investigations and write and maintain CAPA's (Corrective Action Preventative Action)
- Monitor area's performance metrics, making adjustments as necessary to ensure compliance
- Ensure area personnel are properly trained on SOPs, Compliance, procedures, etc.
- Complete annual performance/compensation process for direct reports; Aid staff in goal setting and identifying annual development plans.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in a scientific discipline or equivalent
Required Experience and Skills:
- Three years in a leadership role managing staff directly Quality/Manufacturing team/unit
- Demonstrated continuous improvement skills
- Five plus years experience managing a team responsible for Quality Control and/or Quality Assurance in biological or pharmaceutical industry
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to think creatively
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Master level degree in a Science/Business field
- Animal vaccine EU/GMP experience with USDA
- Proven experience using Lean tools for problem solving and process improvements
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Quality Operations
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: Normal laboratory type chemicals on rare occassion
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Kansas City