Associate Director, Real World Evidence
Come discover what our 25,000+ employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We're a growing and evolving biopharmaceutical industry leader, which means you'll have endless opportunities to work with experts around the world and build the career you've dreamed of.
As a part of the Syneos Health team, you'll help us deliver results for a rewarding reason - we improve patients' lives around the world. Because to us, a patient isn't just a number, they're our family, friends, and neighbors.
Why Syneos Health
• #SyneosHealthLife means we're committed to our Total Self culture - where everyone can authentically be themselves. Our Total Self culture is what unites us globally, and we know every person's unique contributions make a difference.
• We believe our success is a direct result of the people who are driving it - you! We value your dedication to care for our customers and patients, so we want to focus on taking care of you. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits program encompassing your total health - physical, mental and financial.
• We are continuously building the company we all want to work for and our customers want to work with. Why? Because when we bring together diversity of thoughts, backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives - we're able to create a place where everyone feels like they belong.
This position is responsible for managing and executing a variety of claim database analyses, prospective and retrospective multi-site observational
studies, and patient reported outcomes studies, producing high quality RWE/HEOR research and raising awareness of RWE/HEOR in the Asia Pacific.
- Contribute to the development of study protocols for global and regional healthcare claims database studies, multi-site observational studies, Patient Reported Outcomes (PRO) studies, systematic literature reviews, and HEOR research.
- Responsible for delivery of project outputs are within budget and timelines and meet quality standards.
- Prepare study reports and external publications with minimal oversight.
- Participate in congress presentations and the development of manuscripts.
- Primary sponsor contact for assigned projects.
- Participate in business development activities.
- Provide training and mentoring for junior level colleagues.
What we're looking for
- Advanced degree (Master's) in epidemiology, economics, public health or other health related fields or acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven understanding of retrospective and prospective research methods, phase IIIB/IV study designs, HEOR and related methodology.
- Strong personal communication and staff management skills and experience preferred.
- Candidate must demonstrate global & regional (as appropriate) Real World Research experience.
- Other experience includes extensive experience with personal computers; knowledge of statistical software; fluent in written English.
- Regional language fluency is highly preferred (Japanese, Chinese, Korean)
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal skills, both written and spoken, with an ability to inform, influence, convince, and persuade.
- Ability to travel as necessary (approximately 25 to 50%).
Get to know Syneos Health
We are the only full-service biopharmaceutical solutions company in the world. That means we bring together the best clinical and commercial minds to create a better, smarter, faster way to get medicines into the hands of patients who need it most. Learn more about Syneos Health.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.