Requisition ID: REG004184
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck's Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a "patient first, profits later" ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
Merck's Oncology organization is dedicated to delivering breakthrough innovations that extend and improve the lives of cancer patients worldwide. Our team of dauntless, forward-thinking individuals achieves this through an unwavering commitment to supporting accessibility to medicine, providing new therapeutic procedures, and collaborating with governments and payers to ensure that people who need medicines have access to them. At Merck, our focus is on innovation and launch execution excellence; we translate breakthrough science into innovative medicines that help people with cancer across the globe.
The Associate Director Strat/Ops/Forecasting - will report directly to the Executive Director of US Oncology Portfolio Marketing Strategy and Operations. In addition to competitive strategy development, this role will have significant operations responsibility across the US Oncology Franchise and be US Point for short and long range financial planning as well as manufacturing, supply and operations.
This role will be accountable to ensure alignment and execution across brand teams to prepare for competitive market entrants and key market events that will impact the US Oncology Portfolio as well as drive efficiencies across the strategic planning process.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement the annual strategic planning and budget management process for the US Oncology Franchise across tumors
- Work closely with Market Research to identify Oncology Portfolion opportunities for efficiencies and design a coordinated customer insight plan
- Develop and lead coordinated competitive intelligence gathering across new and developing tumor opportunities
- Lead planning process across US Oncology Portfolio to address future competitive entrants and significant market events
- Serve as Oncology Portfolio point for manufacturing, supply and operations
- Serve as franchise point working with Global Marketing, Manufacturing and Labeling to plan strategic approach to evolution of product packaging and labeling
- Work effectively with cross-functional partners including research and development, medical affairs, regulatory affairs, manufacturing, HEOR, BD&L, market analytics, field sales organization, Global, legal, scientific communications, professional education, training and development, health care compliance, etc.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- BA or BS degree required
- MBA preferred
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of five (5) years marketing/sales experience required (marketing experience can be defined as product/brand marketing, customer marketing or marketing support experiences including market research, promotion management, etc)
- Pharma Marketing experience with Specialty Markets
- Strong leadership skills
- Demonstrated strategic thinking skills.
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Good organization, project management and communication skills
- Demonstrated strong collaboration skills
Analytical and problem solving skills
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience working within a buy and bill market
- Experience with portfolio selling or multiple brands in a single category.
- Experience with P&L, budget management and forecasting
- Prior launch experience is preferred, but not mandatory
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Regional Marketing ONC
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name: Merck