IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
IQVIA™ is looking for an energetic and passionate individual to lead our platform team supporting and evolving our Kubernetes service offering. The Associate Director, Platform Reliability leads the research, design, architecture, deployment and support of our Kubernetes platforms in the Cloud and on-premise. You will also be responsible for adopting SRE concepts and implementing practices to keep SaaS and on-premise services up and running as well as improving the automation, scalability, and performance of systems.
- Responsible for all aspects of the Kubernetes service and supporting infrastructure
- Develop, support, and grow a business-critical, global Container-as-a-Service platform based on Kubernetes
- Evolve the platform to provide continuous global operation, with no service interruptions and a focus on automation at a massive scale
- Working knowledge/experience with CI/CD Development Tools: GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Salt, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes
- Strong knowledge on container frameworks, Kubernetes and/or DCOS, for enterprise infrastructure based on the applications/services needs
- DevOps understanding with automation, git, Jenkins, foreman, puppet, Ansible, bash script.
- Familiar with cloud and immutable hardware concepts. Internal and External Cloud providers, AWS or Triton
- Develops and implements DevOps platforms ( GitLab, Puppet Enterprise, Atlassian, Ansible, Jenkins, XebiaLabs) supporting infrastructure and development partners.
- Serves as a subject matter expert to design, administer and maintain security of various infrastructure, hosting platforms, and DevOps pipelines on premises and/or in the cloud
- Set project goals - Showing documentation of workflows and technology ideas
- Create and maintain operational run books
- Explore and develop new ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness through developing methods of automation and analysis
- Position to cover 24x7 SR ONCALL rotation and escalation as required
- 5 -7+ years of relevant hands-on experience in designing and developing Kubernetes and container based applications and services.
- Hands on experience with designing deployment architecture solutions, load balancing and autoscaling Kubernetes Pods, applications and microservices
- Hands-on with puppet, foreman, terraform or other provisioning tools.
- Familiarity with log collection, cluster/applications/services monitoring using Logstash, Prometheus, ElasticSearch/Kibana, or similar tools
- Proven track record delivering high quality and consistent systems and environments for development team
- Strong Communication and Leadership.
- 5 - 7+ Years' experience in system design/architecture that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position. (Required)
- Experience working in a DevOps environment, migration, automation
- Experience delivering projects via Agile methodologies
Requires advanced knowledge of job area, and broad knowledge of other related job areas, typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
Job ID: R1073947