Associate Director Tender Center of Excellence, Product Owner Tender1/ Next Gen Pricing Integrated Releases
Our Market Access team monitors population demographics and develops solutions to give patients access to our medicines. We act as both educators and advocates for our products, processes, and practices that help us revolutionize how our medicines create value in society.
As part of the Global Market Access Tender Center of Excellence Team, the candidate will have the opportunity to support scaling up and market adoption of new advanced analytics and digital capabilities aimed to improve pricing and tender management decisions globally.
This is an Associate Director Level position reporting to the Director, TENDER1 Lead, Tender Center of Excellence, under GMAx (Global Market Access). Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborate with Global, Regional, and Market Level leaders to develop TENDER1/ Next Gen Pricing functional capabilities: network with business leaders to understand business needs and translate them into requirements and capability design.
- Develop use cases for digital solutions and build cross-functional teams to build out technology, process and data to achieve these solutions.
- Provide vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout the project, lead scrum teams
- Manage integrated TENDER1/ Next Gen Pricing product backlog, collaborate with business stakeholders to refine and prioritize it
- Plan and prioritize sprints and development of the integrated TENDER1/ Next Gen Pricing product functionalities
- In collaboration with TENDER1 Lead define product vision, roadmap and growth opportunities
- In collaboration with TENDER1 Lead assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Provide iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
- Lead planning of integrated TENDER1/ Next Gen pricing product release plans and set the expectation for delivery of new functionalities - in collaboration with Change Lead
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Participate in and lead longer-term GMAx data projects: work cross functionally to identify longer-term trends in technology, data, and analytics that could have future potential to impact our business.
- Secure compliance and adhere to medical/legal/regulatory/pharmacovigilance/quality requirements as required through applying relevant laws, regulations, policies, SOPs; adhere to highest standards of ethics and integrity
Education Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or international equivalent from an accredited university; health economics, medicine, or business preferred
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 7 years of relevant healthcare experience - corporate management, marketing, advertising and promotion, system integration or management consulting.
- Strategic thinker with passion for designing and implementing strategy
- Demonstrated track record of building, working with, and leading teams
- Pivots when needed and possesses a positive attitude in a fluid work environment
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail
- Stress-resistant and used to working with deadlines
- Able to communicate with peers and senior management in a concise and persuasive manner
- Self-reliant and motivated with proven ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Ability to set clear expectations and directions
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Prior experience working on a large transformational change initiative or project
Our Human Health Division maintains a “patient first, profits later” ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: