Requisition ID: PRO018896
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck's Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a "patient first, profits later" ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
The US Diabetes Franchise Scientific Strategy Point will be responsible for developing strategies and the relevant initiatives to drive scientific advocacy for the Januvia and Steglatro Franchise of products.
This is a critical role on the US Diabetes Franchise, and provides a great opportunity for the individual to focus on both our inline product as well as recently launched Steglatro Franchise. ,
The individual in this role will be responsible for partnering as directed by headquarters with key internal and external stakeholders including, but not limited to, Global Marketing, Global Medical Affairs, the Center for Outcomes and Real-world evidence, the Medical Education Center of Excellence (CORE) and key Scientific Leaders and Customers.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Define brand priorities from a scientific education and advocacy perspective
- Lead in the development, evolution, and execution of the scientific platform, which include competitive plans and our efforts around specific patient populations
- Align on the US medical strategy, building on the scientific platform for the portfolio
- Develop medical education content, securing appropriate approvals, e.g. promotional review team, medical approval review team, and/or compliance, and making the content available for use
- Manage the medical education budget for appropriate stakeholders
- Drive innovative ways to help disseminate brand messages as part of the scientific exchange
- Develop the strategic approach to congress/conference participation of the brand
- Determine which congresses/conferences to attend as well as the level of engagement (ex. exhibit, product theater, etc.)
- Develop congress/conference content (ex. Product theater content, geo-fencing social media, etc.)
- Provide marketing viewpoint and support US Medical Affairs to create a network of Merck speaker liaisons
- Determine need, based on strategy and budget allocation for advisory boards, Expert Input Forums (EIFs), speaker training forums
- Develop annual budget for the segment and track expenses through the year
- Establish best practices for building medical advocacy
- Build an internal scientific network to discuss key scientific issues and share best practices - collaborate according to policy with clinical research, global medical affairs organization, US Medical Affairs, CORE, and other teams as required
- Work with CORE and Market Access teams to support needs, including provision of models, analytical support, value dossier, etc.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Required: BA/BS
- Preferred: MBA or Advanced science degree
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 5 years of combined sales, marketing, market research, promotion, medical affairs, medical education experience
- Aptitude for deep understanding of the science related to the therapeutic area for responsible product
- Critical thinking skills
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Diabetes therapeutic experience
- Clear ability to translate science/clinical data into marketing strategies and actionable initiatives
- Experience working with scientific leaders and/or external partners
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a cross-functional influence role, with key stakeholders, including MRL, CORE and US Medical Affairs
- Experience with medical/regulatory/legal/compliance review of promotional materials
- Strong presentation and engagement skills
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated analytic skills
- Launch experience
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Product Management/Marketing
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: Not Specified
Company Trade Name: Merck