Requisition ID: REG004023
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck's Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a "patient first, profits later" ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
This Associate Director, U.S. Oncology Marketing - Prostate has primary responsibility for the HCP Strategy Lead for LYNPARZA (olaparib), a type of targeted therapy called a PARP inhibitor. LYNPARZA represents a significant growth opportunity for both Merck's and AstraZeneca's Oncology Franchises. Merck and AstraZeneca entered into a strategic oncology collaboration to co-develop and co-commercialize LYNPARZA , which is currently indicated in metastatic ovarian cancer and metastatic breast cancer.
This position will prepare for the launch of LYNPARZA in metastatic prostate cancer and work in close collaboration with AstraZeneca. The position will be based in Upper Gwynedd, PA and will report to the U.S. Director of Marketing - LYNPARZA.
Key responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
- Lead development of the U.S. mPC HCP strategy and associated marketing tools.
- Development of strategic message platforms
- Development and implementation of all HCP focused promotional materials, including non-personal tactics
- Regular collaboration and communication with global mPCteam
- Lead cross-functional teams and clearly communicate a vision, needs, and ensure deliverables met
- Partnership with Customer Insight Team to develop market research program and monitor performance
- Marketing budget management for mPC
- Development of counter-competitive plans
- Launch planning lead
- Lead the mPC LYNPARZA Promotions Review Team planning, prioritization, and coordination.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Required: BA/BS
- Preferred: MBA/MS
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of (5) years Pharmaceutical business experience
- Core marketing experience including strategy development and launch planning
- Strong relationship building, problem solving, teamwork, analytical, and written/verbal communication skills
- Experience influencing without direct authority and working successfully with cross-functional teams
- Experience bringing promotional materials through legal, regulatory, and clinical review
- 20% Travel including some weekends
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- At least 2 years prior U.S. Oncology Marketing and/or Sales experience
- Strength Managing complexity and multiple competing priorities
- Excellent communication skills to succinctly lead and prioritize efforts
- Experience working in external business collaboration or joint venture.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Regional Marketing ONC
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name: Merck