Requisition ID: ENV000708
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare .
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Associate Specialist will provide technical environment, safety, and industrial hygiene support to site management and employees with the Minnesota Operations. The successful candidate will be a proactive leader to implement best practices and ensure compliance with applicable EHS local, state, federal and company regulations, policies, permits, and work practices.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Reporting site metrics for safety.
- Assisting with the implementation of corporate policies.
- Conducting site inspections.
- Develop and deliver EHS related training.
- Assist with managing contractor EHS compliance.
- Compiling and submitting required safety, health and environmental reports to corporate and regulatory agencies.
- Assist with addressing specific safety, environmental or health issues and analyze processes and procedures for potential hazards and provide input for risk reduction.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- BS Degree or higher in a Science or Engineering discipline.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 1 years of experience with primary responsibilities in safety, industrial hygiene and/or environmental areas.
- Knowledge of computers as a tool to perform the job.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Self-starter with strong leadership and change leadership skills.
- Must be knowledgeable of Federal and State OSHA, EPA, and EHS laws and regulations.
- Possess analytical and logical problem solving abilities.
- Ability to prioritize, focus on and obtain business results.
- Flexibility to perform various tasks to support the business.
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 lbs.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- CSP or CIH or CHMM Certification
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Env, Health & Safety Generic
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Worthington