About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, our Strategy, Finance, and Operations team works to provide strategic direction to the company, ensuring that everything we do is viable and built to last. Overseeing and safeguarding Novo Nordisk’s short and long-term planning, the Strategy, Finance and Operations team works closely with the business across the organization to develop strategies and business plans, monitor industry trends, and provide operating recommendations. We regulate accounting, uphold workplace safety, manage our supply chain and sampling, support technology, provide commercial insights & analytics, maintain our facilities and assure the integrity and completeness of all business transactions. At Novo Nordisk, you will have the opportunity to build a life-changing career in a global business environment. We encourage our employees to make the most of their talent. And we reward hard work and dedication with the opportunity for continuous learning and personal development. Are you ready to realize your potential?
The Associate Manager, Analytics & Reporting is responsible for the development of analytics capabilities and the establishment of analytics governance across the Novo Nordisk Inc (NNI) commercial organization. The Associate Manager will develop governance policies & procedures, drive the development of self-service analytics tools and drive organizational definitions around key metrics and calculations. The Associate Manager will provide development support to commercial analyst team members, leveraging available BI platforms.
The Associate Manager, Analytics & Reporting reports to the Associate Director, Analytics & Data Governance. The Associate Manager partners with other Commercial Insights & Analytics team members and collaborates with IT to deliver key analytics projects. Externally, this role interacts with various third-party vendors and data providers.
- Drive development of NNI commercial analytics governance, including the development of appropriate policies, procedures and guidelines
- Drive analytics demand management to optimize reuse of assets, reduce duplicative efforts and reduce third-party spend
- Drive development of self-service analytics platform (leveraging Tableau) and self-service data integration tools (i.e. Alteryx, Tableau Prep, etc.)
- Drive development and integration of additional BI tools, including data cataloguing tools, metadata management tools, etc. as aligned to analytics roadmap
- Drive analytics tools POCs in coordination with commercial analytics teams and IT
- Provide analytics development support to Commercial Insights & Analytics team members
- Drive dashboard development to meet strategic organizational needs, including dashboards for new product launches
- Provide data validation / Quality Control (QC) support for analytics projects and deliverables
- Manage metric definition and calculations for assets maintained in the Commercial Data Warehouse
- Manage communication related to key commercial analytics platforms
- Deliver insights and provide recommendations to guide strategic analytics investment decisions
- Ensure documentation of analytics tools, processes and procedures
- Coordinate vendor analytics system development efforts
- Support analytics training and community development efforts
- Manage self-service analytics tool administration, including user access rights, license management, folder permissions and publishing rights
0-10% overnight travel required.
Novo Nordisk requires all employees, both Field and Office-based, to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Novo Nordisk will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. You will be required to upload an image of your COVID-19 vaccine card at the time of hire and/or on your first day of employment
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Science, Business Administration or related field is required
- Minimum of at least 5 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry specific to commercial operations or related field is preferred
- Experience with requirements, design, development, implementation and administration of BI tools, including Tableau and Qlik is preferred
- Analytics visualization experience preferred
- Experience with pharmaceutical data, specifically Xponent, Xponent PlanTrak, DDD and LAAD data is preferred
- Deals with concepts and complexity comfortably
- Excellent administrative, organizational, project management and analytical skills is required
- Customer focused with excellent communication skills and ability to work with all levels within organization
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.