About the Department
The Commercial team leads all sales and marketing efforts for Novo Nordisk Inc (NNI’s) robust portfolio, which includes insulins, analogues, GLP1s, devices, Oral Anti Diabetics (OAD), obesity medications, biopharmaceuticals and new products in the pipeline. As part of the team, you will have frontline exposure to our brand and marketing vision, business strategies, launch and lifecycle plans, and critical market insights that drive our business forward. At Novo Nordisk, we are the world leader in diabetes care and a major player in hemostasis management, growth hormone therapy and hormone replacement therapy. We use our skills, dedication and ambition to help people with diabetes, and we’re looking for individuals who want to do the same. In exchange, we offer the chance to be part of a truly global workplace, where passion and engagement are met with opportunities for professional and personal development. Are you ready to realize your potential?
The position is responsible for managing and executing sales projects in support of Diabetes and Obesity Sales. Works cross-functionally with all home office functions such as Finance & Operations, Marketing, Commercial Effectiveness (CE), Trade, Supply Chain, HR, Legal, and Compliance in the development of projects that impact the field force. Ensures efficiency and effectiveness when deploying new and revised initiatives and field technology that impact the field. Applies a field perspective when developing, updating and launching programs.
The position reports to the Associate Director, Sales Process. It has substantial interaction with home office functions including, but not limited to, Finance & Operations, Marketing, Commercial Effectiveness, Trade, Supply Chain, HR, Legal, and Compliance. Leads and serves on cross-collaborative teams, representing the field. External relationships include vendor partners.
- Performs ad hoc project work as needed
- Responsible for leading optimization projects across the function
- Responsible for coordinating the execution of projects within the Sales projects and technology deployment
- Authors and maintains procedures in support of the Sales
- Responsible for partnering with other home office functions to develop and maintain tools in support of the Sales
- Works collaboratively to ensure field force needs built/maintained in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems
- Oversees the process to evaluate requests from the Sales Teams and partners with CE and IT to enhance future technolog
- Serves on projects that provide input to critical cycles including My Target List & Business Planning
- Supports the development, execution and monitoring of the performance management process for the field
- Manages the development of field goals ensuring proper field behavior, strategies and objectives are achieved
- Responsible for staying within operations budget
- Acts in accordance with the Novo Nordisk Way
- Works within all Novo Nordisk policies, procedures, and Novo Nordisk Way
- Sales activity/metrics reports governance
- Cascade and educate national level data insights and conclusions as appropriate
- Develop and facilitate Sales reporting with the objective of standardizing reporting within NNI guidelines
- Manage and coordinate the development of ad-hoc data requests and analyses
0-10% overnight travel required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- A minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible experience working in or partnering with a Sales, Sales Operations or Sales Support function; pharmaceutical experience preferred
- Project management experience or cross-functional team lead experience preferred
- Demonstrates leadership capabilities; acts as a project lead in the development and implementation of processes and programs
- Ability to operationalize projects
- Strong understanding of data and analytics
- Strong written and verbal communications skills – able to effectively collaborate across functions and stakeholder groups
- Strong leadership skills - candidates must demonstrate the ability to build relationships and connect with client groups and key stakeholders within the company
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Requisition ID: 59269BR
Job Category: Marketing