Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
Reporting directly to the country/regional Medical Director, the Haematology/Oncology Associate Medical Director is responsible for supporting the development and execution of the country/regional Medical Affairs strategy and programs that support specialist products in VOD and new indications in hematology/oncology.
The Jazz mission is to bring meaningful medicines to patients with high unmet need. Our products have a significant impact on patients. As a key member of the country/regional team, the role will demand high levels of cross functional collaboration and customer orientation.
The incumbent has responsibility for ensuring all activities are executed in accordance with regulatory and legal frameworks including but not limited to local, EFPIA, AKG, GCP and IFPMA regulations as well as Jazz Pharmaceuticals Policies and Healthcare compliance procedures.
After onboarding and familiarisation the incumbent will be expected to work largely independently with minimal supervision.
Primary activities include, but are not limited to:
- Country/regional Medical Affairs strategy:
- Work closely with the Medical Director to support the development of the in country strategy and programs, ensuring internal and external buy in
- Review and critically appraise scientific literature to provide support and advice to medical and marketing groups in developing strategy and tactical implementation plans.
- Ensure HCP and educational activities are of a high scientific quality and standard
- Provide guidance regarding appropriate speakers for national/international congresses and workshops in order to expand and enhance legitimate scientific exchange
- The incumbent will develop and maintain a high level of therapy area knowledge and related scientific literature in order to position him/herself as an expert in the field.
- Contribute to the development of and maintain awareness of the competitive landscape and communicate intelligence to the medical and marketing team as appropriate
- Support adaptation of EU/RoW training material and other scientific materials in collaboration with marketing and other appropriate internal stakeholders
- Provide scientific education and in-house training for MSLs and Key Account Managers and other appropriate staff as required
- Providing advice and support on compliance, including interpretation of the Code of Practice and, as a signatory, ensuring ethical promotion of Jazz Pharma's products and activities
- Providing strategic input into local brand planning process to ensure medical and scientific credibility and the optimal use of data for competitive product differentiation
- Lead and coordinate congress reporting and summaries, collect data on competitors and market development and communicate to the marketing & sales team as appropriate after launch
- Support preparation of tailored clinical data packages for advisory boards, investigators and other key external experts' request to deliver scientifically credible messages for your products
- Plan, prepare and execute advisory boards to get critical insights from the medical and scientific community.
- Cross-functional collaboration:
- Input into local Regulatory strategies and input into local documents. Support Int. Regulatory Affairs with coaching and communication with health authorities.
- Work in collaboration with and under direction of Regional MD to support Global PV, ensure local SOPs are in place and that all obligations in PV are adhered to
- Support local reimbursement and NUB procedures
- Ensure up-to-date knowledge of German and Austrian health care environment
- Data Generation and Publication Planning:
- Development of publication plans covering country/regional data generation needs
- Facilitate and support investigators, who wish to conduct investigator sponsored, collaborative or Jazz sponsored studies in line with Jazz strategy
- Support the approval and implementation of these projects in line with relevant pharmaceutical regulations and Jazz SOPs as appropriate.
- Development and execution of study plans to provide data to support the portfolio of Jazz Haematology/Oncology products in phase IV, observational and pharmaco-economic studies
- External Relationships:
- Development of Jazz positioning as the scientific authority in their therapy areas
- Support development of country/regional KEE advocacy through provision of scientific and clinical information
- Deliver non-promotional clinical/scientific presentations relating to Jazz's portfolio and its development or differentiation as required
- Develop strategic partnerships with KEEs through the provision of balanced, scientific information to ensure that decision makers have the appropriate information to position the Jazz portfolio in treatment guidelines and protocols through.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Self-starter, positive attitude
- Problem-solving oriented mindset
- Ability to critically analyse complex data
- Clear and concise communication and presentation skills
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Strong inter-personal relationship building skills/collaboration and teamwork
- Knowledge of specialty Haematology / Oncology market in country an advantage
- Experience developing and implementing Medical Affairs plans at a country level
- Experience of working in an affiliate Medical Affairs role a distinct advantage
- Experience in establishing strong influential relationships with academic societies
- Robust command of English both spoken and written
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Relevant scientific degree required (medicine, pharmacy, biology, chemistry or other live-science degree)
- Haematology/Oncology experience a plus
- minimum of 3 years experience in a medical affairs role in the pharmaceutical industry
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.