Jazz Pharmaceuticals è un'azienda biofarmaceutica internazionale impegnata a migliorare la vita dei pazienti attraverso l'identificazione, lo sviluppo e la commercializzazione di prodotti significativi, volti a rispondere a bisogni medicali non soddisfatti. Continuiamo ad ampliare il nostro portafoglio di prodotti commerciali e la nostra pipeline di ricerca e sviluppo in aree terapeutiche che possano beneficiare della nostra straordinaria esperienza.
Le aree terapeutiche di nostro interesse riguardano i disturbi del sonno e il settore ematologico/oncologico, dove abbiamo una conoscenza approfondita del percorso del paziente e disponiamo di una gamma di prodotti e potenziali prodotti rispondenti a bisogni critici.
Siamo alla ricerca del talento più qualificato e brillante da inserire nel nostro team. Se siete interessati a far parte di un'azienda fermamente impegnata a migliorare la vita dei pazienti e ad essere un posto di lavoro eccellente, vi invitiamo ad esplorare le nostre offerte di lavoro ed a conoscere Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
Reporting to the Medical Director for Italy, the Associate Medical Director Sleep, is responsible for the development and delivery of the Italy Medical Affairs strategy and programs that support the successful development and commercialisation of Jazz Pharmaceuticals products in the sleep medicine franchise. The incumbent will be responsible for building and leading the Sleep Medical Affairs department. He/she will be positioned as the Medical expert lead to both internal and external audiences.
The role will demand strong leadership qualities, high levels of cross functional collaboration and the ability to influence across all levels of the organization. The incumbent will need to balance the requirement for strong strategic thinking with a need to execute in a fast moving, organization.
The incumbent is responsible for ensuring all activities are executed in accordance with regulatory and legal frameworks of the country well as Jazz Pharmaceuticals Policies and Healthcare compliance procedures.
Leadership of Sleep Medical Affairs Italy
- Lead, develop and build a high performing, fully integrated Medical Affairs Department
- Manage, coach and develop Medical Affairs personnel (direct and indirect reports)
- Role model and exemplify Jazz Cultural values
- Be a strong strategic partner to cross functional colleagues including Commercial and Market Access
Ensure systems, processes and ways of working are in place to facilitate:
- Effective execution of the medical plan
- Development and maintenance of a high level of knowledge of sleep medicine related clinical and scientific literature in order to position him/herself as an expert in the field.
- Expert scientific knowledge of all Medical Affairs team members
- Effective Key Account Planning with cross functional partners
- Effective planning and utilization of national Key Opinion Leaders
- Data generation activities including reactive support of Investigator Sponsored Trial requests
- Appropriate positioning of Jazz Pharmaceutical medicines in medical guidelines
- High standards with regards to PV, compliance and SOPs
- Review and approval of medical and marketing materials and activities in line with national regulations
- Delivery of quality medical information to internal and external customers
Strategic and Tactical Planning
- Ensure development and delivery of the Italy Sleep Medical Affairs strategy and plan in close collaboration with business partners and aligned to the EU/RoW strategy
- Set departmental SMART objectives and track, measure and report progress of plans and budgets
- Ensure the Italy business needs are effectively communicated to partners in the EU/RoW regional office, so that there is alignment on strategy and plans at all levels
- Develop influential relationships with National Key Opinion Leaders
- Attend appropriate scientific congresses to stay abreast of developments and to support National KOL activities
- Support development of Jazz EU/RoW positioning as the scientific authority on sleep medicine and support national KOL advocacy through provision of scientific and clinical information via the MSL team
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in sleep medicine, respiratory medicine, neurology or other allied therapeutic areas highly desirable
- Experience in consumer healthcare an advantage
- Previous medical affairs or clinical development experience essential
- Must have experience of launching new products and launch readiness activities including:
- Disease awareness education in under-developed areas of high unmet need
- Market shaping experience
- Deep understanding of the Italy healthcare system and in particular the needs of payors such as AIFA
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrable ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- Strong inter-personal relationship building skills/collaboration and teamwork
- A proven track record of building high performing Medical Affairs teams
- Ability to critically analyse complex data
- Excellent communication skills, including strong presentation skills
- Must have experience in running Phase IV studies, lifecycle management and supporting ISTs
- Experience in establishing strong partnerships with academic and patient advocacy societies
- Flexible, independent, and proactive working style.
- Willingness to travel frequently
- Excellent command of spoken English
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.