IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
Associate Principal, Health Economics Consulting
Department: NEMEA, RBU
Reporting to: Sr Principal
About the Company
IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
IQVIA Consulting continuously provides high quality consultancy in pricing & reimbursement, health-economics and outcomes research (HEOR) to help the pharmaceutical, biological and medical device industries and health care organisations worldwide to successfully market their products.
This role requires demonstrable in-depth knowledge of health technology assessment, health economic modelling and evidence generation strategy. It will involve management of complex health technology assessment (HTA) projects as well as participation in cross-functional consulting projects. The position can be based in Europe, ideally in the Netherlands or the UK.
- Serve as team lead on engagements and manage project deliverables including health economic models, literature reviews, HTA reviews and predictive HTA analyses, HTA dossiers, briefing books for HTA early scientific advice, indirect treatment comparisons, HEOR analyses, manuscripts and advisory board meetings.
- Provide consultation regarding client issues and make recommendation on appropriate solutions.
- Serve as primary client contact on technical projects
- Present research findings to industry clients and at professional conferences. Publish research in-peer reviewed literature.
- May serve as liaison between client and HTA bodies.
- Contribute to business development activities to secure work for the business unit
- Provide technical expertise and input into proposals
- Deliver presentation on topics of interest to potential clients
Skills, Education and Experience Required:
- Postgraduate degree (MSc or PhD) in Health Economics or equivalent.
- A high degree of understanding of the processes underpinning economic evaluation and the factors and drivers which impact project development.
- Demonstrable experience of developing economic models that have been used in HTA submissions (e.g., to NICE, SMC, ZIN)
- Significant knowledge of HTA processes and procedures with experience of submissions and HTA project-management
- A thorough understanding of health economic methods with advanced skill in computer-based economic and statistical modelling
- Proven ability to publish in international journals
- Strong knowledge of prospective research methods such as Clinical Trials and Observational Research and retrospective research methods such as insurance claim database and medial record review
- Strong knowledge of survey methodology, statistical analysis and reporting, decision analysis techniques, database analysis methods and technical writing.
- Ability to handle multiple internal clients competing for attention, services and resources
- Ability to lead, guide and motivate staff to achieve desired results
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work within a matrix team environment
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
Job ID: R1091902