Integrated Real - World Evidence and Solutions
IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
In our Integrated Real - World Evidence and Solutions (IRES) team, we design and deliver innovative, technology-enabled evidence programs for the pharmaceutical industry. We apply scientific rigor and advanced analytics to real world data in order to help our clients improve population health. This entrepreneurial team works globally, partnering with regional colleagues throughout the enterprise to diagnose critical business issues and deliver evidence-based solutions.
Integrated Real - World Evidence and Solutions team
We are strategic thinkers, innovative technologists, deep subject matter experts and data evangelists whom are passionate about driving better performance in healthcare. We are collaborative, intellectually curious, entrepreneurial and disruptive. Plus, we have the resource and structure of a large company in an environment where we empower our people to create their own solutions.
Our work can be complex and difficult but that is often the case when you are doing work that no one has done before. We also do not have a templated approach to our work so we require people who can innovate with their practice as well as their solutions. If you have the right levels of intellectual curiosity and a passion to discover the real impact of medicines in the real world, then you'll fit right in.
Those who join us become part of a recognized global leader still willing to challenge the status quo to improve patient care. At IQVIA, you will have access to the most cutting-edge technology, the largest data sets, the best analytics tools and, in our opinion, some of the finest minds in the Healthcare industry.
You can drive your career at IQVIA and choose the path that best defines your development and success. With exposure across diverse geographies, capabilities, and vast therapeutic and information and technology areas, you can seek opportunities to change and grow without boundaries.
You will join a high profile, talented and fast-paced team where you will manage teams of Associates, Consultants and Managers in the design, development and delivery of large, technical Real-World Solutions projects. You'll gain exposure to client facing projects and innovation initiatives to develop new Real-World Solutions product offerings.
The successful candidate will be able to achieve rapid professional development, learning from and being coached by members of the world's leading and most innovative RWS team.
As an Associate Principal within IRES you'll be responsible for:
- Planning, organizing and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives
- Leading teams to execute high quality research and analysis
- Designing, structuring and delivering client reports and presentations
- Developing client relationships through face-to-face discussions, workshops, telephone and email contact
- Providing expert guidance on RWS and the Real-World Data (RWD) landscape to junior colleagues
- Leading the development of proposals for new projects / commercial opportunities in partnership with Principals and/or Senior Principals
- Taking an active role in business development, building client relationships and identifying new business opportunities with clients
- Leading quality assurance efforts for all projects within scope - in particular for client analytical work
- Administrating control of the fees and expenses during projects (travel, meetings, organizing invoicing with finance, etc)
- Developing broader and deeper knowledge of consulting methodologies and the pharmaceutical market through on the job exposure and formal training
- Building deep knowledge of IQVIA data sources and further developing knowledge of the broader RWD landscape
- Supporting on initiatives around IQVIA's broad RWE strategy (e.g. target assessment / due diligence, etc.)
- Coaching project team members and supporting them to fulfil their personal objectives
- Acting as a formal coach / mentor for up to 3 junior team members on an ongoing basis (i.e. not just in projects)
An Associate Principal will usually be staffed on 2-3 projects in parallel ensuring a broad exposure to the wide range of activities that IRES undertake in a rapid timeframe, as well as the opportunity to demonstrate a broad skill set.
Desired Skills and Experience
Candidates interested in joining IRES as an Associate Principal will have:
- Extensive experience in healthcare / life sciences or the Pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in healthcare / life sciences with focus on strategic business cases, product development, technical architecture. Strong capability in managing projects and juggling priorities so that deadlines are met while retaining consistently high- quality outcomes
- Experience of working in sizable/multi-disciplined teams and supervising / guiding junior team members
- Experience of developing credible relationships with senior level managers and executives in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry
- Knowledge of key issues and current developments in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries
- Demonstrable analytical, interpretative and problem-solving skills
- Excellent presentation, communication and client influencing skills
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills including presentations, chairing meetings, workshop facilitation, business and report writing
- Knowledge of consulting methodologies, tools and techniques would be desirable
- Experience of SAS analytics would be desirable
In addition to the skills and experience above, candidates interested in joining as an Associate Principal will have:
- BA/BSc from a top university, preferably in a relevant and / or numerate subject such e.g. economics, life sciences, chemistry, engineering etc
- A postgraduate qualification in life sciences or computer science discipline is desirable although not essential
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible - to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.