We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world's biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
We are currently seeking a dynamic, strategic-thinking, and collaborative Associate Principal Scientist to join our Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism and Excretion (ADME) group at our Research Lab in Boston, MA.
In this program team-facing role, you will be expected to be a key contributor to multi-disciplinary drug discovery efforts across modalities (e.g. small molecule, oligonucleotide, peptide, and biologic therapeutics). You will need to regularly engage with partner functions such as medicinal and computational chemistry, protein sciences, translational pharmacology, pharmaceutics, and toxicology. Therapeutic areas will include immunology, oncology, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and neuroscience.
In this exciting role, you will:
Collaborate in a fast-paced environment to contribute to the prediction, design, implementation, and analysis of in silico, in vitro, and in vivo studies.
Characterize and build an understanding of key structure-activity relationships (SAR) related to ADME and pharmacological properties, therapeutic disposition, and translational pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic/efficacy (tPKPD/E) relationships.
Leverage the understanding of molecular characteristics impacting disposition and tPKPD/E relationships to guide both drug design and implementation of strategy(ies) for the translation of preclinical results to anticipated clinical efficacy.
Effectively present your work at discovery team and departmental meetings as well as promote Merck science through publications and presentations/lectures
- A PhD with a minimum of 3 years experience of combined industry and/or postdoctoral (or fellowship) OR a Master's with a minimum of 7 years experience OR a Bachelor's with a minimum of 12 years experience. Highest degree should be in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Immunology, Pharmacology, Engineering, or related science.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Experience focused on providing ADME and PK support for drug optimization across modalities(small molecule, oligonucleotide, antibody-drug conjugate, peptide, and/or biologic therapeutics).
- Track record of successful contributions to development, execution, and fostering of translational pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic/efficacy (tPKPD/E) relationships and other useful quantitative pharmacology applications in a discovery setting.
- Technical competency/expertise with translational pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic/efficacy (tPKPD/E) or physiologically-based pharmacokinetic (PBPK) modeling software (e.g., Phoenix WinNonlin, Berkeley Madonna, MATLAB, and/or SimCYP).
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication, problem solving, and collaboration skills along with strengths in delivering results in fast-pace environment.
- Technical understanding of ADME assays and PK/PD of both small molecule and biologics.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Hands-on experience in computational ADME predictions and data visualization (e.g., Spotfire).
- Strategically used structure-activity relationships (SAR) related to ADME and pharmacological properties to drive optimization of therapeutics.
- Recognition for creativity and innovation via a strong publication/presentation record
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
OFCCP Pay Transparency Rule
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: