We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world's biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for ...
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
We are seeking an Associate Principal Scientist to join our Vaccine Analytical Research and Development team located in West Point, PA. In this role, an individual will work with a team of scientists applying state of the art separation methods to facilitate vaccine development.
The responsibilities of this role will be to lead and supervise a team of scientists applying capillary electrophoresis (CE) and other separation methods to support vaccine process development, formulation development, vaccine investigations, vaccine characterization, method qualifications and transfers.
You will have strong analytical capabilities and experience with CE and liquid chromatography (LC). The candidate must also have experience with analysis of biological molecules and analytical method development and troubleshooting. Previous experience working in a GMP environment, training and leading lab scientists, transferring and qualifying assays would also be directly applicable to this role. You will be able to work both independently and in a team and have excellent communication and leadership skills. You will be able to work and collaborate effectively in a multidisciplinary team environment and provide technical input to enable team decisions. Lastly, you will be expected to lead in authoring and reviewing scientific documents including development reports, analytical method protocols, qualification protocols, and electronic notebooks.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- A degree in Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Science or a closely-related field plus industry experience is required: PhD with a minimum of 3 years post-degree experience OR Master's with a minimum of 7 years post degree experience OR Bachelor's with 10 years of experience.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Experience training and leading junior scientists
- Experience with CE, HPLC, UPLC
- Experience with analysis of biological molecules.
- Experience with analytical method development.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues related to CE and chromatography methods.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Capable of multi-tasking and managing multiple projects.
- Motivated to learn new skills, willingness to take on new challenges, and scientific curiosity.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience with Immuno-Assays.
- Experience working in a GMP regulated environment.
- Experience with method transfer.
- Experience with assay robustness evaluation, method validation or qualification.
- Familiar with ICH guideline of analytical procedure validation.
- Solid computer skills, experienced with automated laboratory instrumentation, and
- independent analytical problem-solving capabilities.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
OFCCP Pay Transparency Rule
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
No Travel Required
Flexible Work Arrangements:
1st - Day
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: