Are you looking for an exciting opportunity with a rapidly growing pharmaceutical manufacturer? If so, then this is the opportunity for you!
Our Engineers support internal and external manufacturing operations to remain operational, continuously improve and innovate. With our extensive range of facilities and environments, our Engineers have opportunities across many diverse areas including Biological, Chemical, Automation, Capital Projects, Maintenance, Safety, Process Development, Technical Services, Utilities and Validation.
At our Company facility in Elkton, Virginia, the Antibiotic and Sterile Technical Operations team is seeking highly motivated individuals to provide technical and engineering support to processes and projects in the area as a Technical Operations Process Engineer. The manufacturing facility is located in the Shenandoah Valley along the Shenandoah River and the Blue Ridge Mountains, a short distance from the University of Virginia and James Madison University.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to apply his or her enthusiasm and technical skills in a multidisciplinary team supporting the operation and improvement of a manufacturing facility. This role requires the ability to manage multiple projects and activities. Strong communication and collaboration skills are essential. The successful candidate will also have robust problem solving skills and a hands-on approach to troubleshooting and investigation.
Responsibilities may include:
- Providing technical support for a sterile manufacturing facility, including data analysis, troubleshooting, problem solving, coaching/teaching, and report writing
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams across levels, including at times leading teams or groups
- Initiating, supporting, or leading change control implementation
- Learning new processes and procedures
- Conducting complex technical investigations and analyses to determine the root cause of problems
- Recommending and implementing corrective and preventative actions
- Executing and managing continuous improvement projects
- Recommending, creating, and writing procedures, instructions, protocols, and other GMP documentation
- Contributing to safety reviews and improvements
- Performing shift work as needed (expected to be minimal)
- Provide support during inspections
- Achieving safety, quality, and environmental compliance excellence in all assignments
- Producing high quality work against firm deadlines
If you are the kind of individual who thrives on challenge and possesses the technical, leadership, and communication skills that are of value to our business, we invite you to apply. Consistently cited as a great place to work, we discover, develop, manufacture, and market a wide range of vaccines and medicines to address unmet medical needs. Each of our employees is joined by an extraordinary sense of purpose - bringing our Company finest achievements to people around the world.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science field such as chemical engineering, biochemical engineering, integrated science, materials engineering, biology, mechanical engineering, or related life science or engineering discipline.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, team skills, and ethics
- Ability to examine an issue from diverse perspectives (safety, compliance, maintenance, automation, equipment, process, and people) in order to best understand and resolve it
- Strong problem solving skills and a hands-on approach to troubleshooting and investigation, with a bias towards going to see problems for oneself in the field.
- Enthusiasm, confidence, and initiative-taking ability needed for continuous learning and application of knowledge.
- Strong desire to succeed and to help others to do the same.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Sterile, aseptic, or microbiological experience in an industrial setting
- Technical writing and presentation experience
- Ability to manage assignments, working towards deadlines within a schedule.
- Experience with SAP, DeltaV, and PI ProcessBook
- Experience with change control systems
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is committed to be the most trusted supplier of bio-pharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: