Q2 Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. With a relentless focus on quality and innovation, Q2 Solutions uses its global experience and scientific expertise to transform science and data into actionable medical insights that help customers improve human health. A joint venture of IQVIA (formerly QuintilesIMS) and Quest Diagnostics, Q2 Solutions combines the best of each parent organization's clinical trials laboratory services capabilities to fulfill its mission of treating each sample as if a life depends on it.
PURPOSEGuide, analyze and report in vitro and in vivo biotransformation studies, with focus on analytical method development, metabolite profiling, and reporting. Manage and collaborate with senior staff regarding study execution as it relates to timelines, data quality, and interpretation of results. Interact with clients regarding metabolism data and concepts.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Functional area technical expert in metID concepts, including study design, conduct and interpretation.
- Perform or oversee the performance of tasks associated with in vitro and in vivo metID studies.
- Design, interpret, implement, document, report, and oversee metID study packages in collaboration with junior-level staff, including analytical methods for analysis of metabolites, metabolic profiling, and MS and MS/MS data collection, using appropriate level of regulatory compliance.
- Provide direction for individuals or discrete group, as required.
- Independently interpret MS/MS data and assign metabolite structures.
- Troubleshoot and/or consult on more complex analytical methods and metabolite profiling.
- Keep abreast of literature; interact with peers in the metID scientific arena.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives to increase quality or services and operational efficiency.
- Independently analyze and prepare data, write reports, and manage study flow.
- Ensure quality and timely delivery of the project deliverables to clients.
- Independently interact with clients regarding scientific principles and performance of metabolism studies when directed.
- Propose and evaluate new technologies, techniques, study designs or equipment.
- Provide training and guidance to lower level and new staff as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- In-depth knowledge of drug metabolism processes, including analytical method development, metabolite profiling, , and structural determination.
- In-depth knowledge of laboratory equipment and instrumentation, with particular focus on MS instrumentation (MS and MS/MS data collection and basic interpretation; instrument trouble shooting).
- Responsible for overseeing performance of group personnel; Ability to mentor staff in data interpretation/scientific innovation/scientific productivity.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, management, and clients.
- Recognized as an effective team member; modeling work on best practices; mentoring team members.
- Knowledge and ability to establish and implement good laboratory practices or other documentation.
- Good documentation skills; ability to manage and maintain complete and accurate records of experiments.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work against milestones or goals.
- Ability to manage/oversee multiple tasks and projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge and implementation of safe laboratory practices.
- Ability to critically evaluate data and lab processes; propose and implement new approaches.
- Ability to oversee and mentor lower level and new staff.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- PhD in chemistry, biochemistry, or biology or related field and 3 years' relevant experience; or Master's Degree in chemistry, biochemistry, or biology or related field and 6 years' relevant experience or Bachelor's Degree and 10 years' relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Work is performed in a laboratory environment, full manual dexterity and visual acuity required
- May be exposed to potential physical harm from hazardous chemicals, infectious diseases, blood-borne pathogens, toxic materials, toxic gases, electrical hazards, dangerous tools and equipment
- Use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers
- Regular sitting or standing for extended periods of time
- Occasional travel
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job ID: R1060512