The job details are as follows:
What We Do
United Therapeutics Corporation focuses on the strength of a balanced, value-creating biotechnology model. We are confident in our future thanks to our fundamental attributes, namely our commitment to quality and innovation, the power of our brands, our entrepreneurial culture and our bioinformatics leadership. We also believe that our determination to be responsible citizens - having a positive impact on patients, the environment and society - will sustain our success in the long term.
We currently have five approved products on the market and a long-term mission of providing an unlimited supply of transplantable organs for those who need them.
Our company was founded by an entrepreneur whose daughter was diagnosed with a life-threatening condition. She sought to find treatment options and a cure for her daughter and patients like her. We are founder-led, and relentless in our pursuit of "medicines for life". We continue to research and develop treatments for cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases, pediatric cancers and other orphan diseases.
In 2021, we became the first publicly-traded biotech or pharmaceutical company to take the form of a public benefit corporation (PBC). Our public benefit purpose is to provide a brighter future for patients through (a) the development of novel pharmaceutical therapies; and (b) technologies that expand the availability of transplantable organs. At the same time, we seek to provide our shareholders with superior financial performance and our communities with earth-sensitive energy utilization.
How you’ll contribute
The Associate Scientist, Polymer Chemistry will develop formulations suitable for 3D printing of lung scaffolds.
- Contribute to bio-ink development efforts toward creation of 3D printed scaffolds
- Develop an understanding of current and emerging technology in the polymer chemistry and biomaterials
- Select and employ appropriate analytical techniques for formulation development of bio-inks suitable for 3D printing
- Evaluate raw materials for bio-ink development and production efforts
- All other duties as required
For this role you will need
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in chemistry, materials, surface science, polymer chemistry, biomedical engineering, coatings, drug delivery
- Familiarity with different polymerization techniques
- 1+ years of relevant industry and/or post-doc experience (preferred)
- Understanding of DLP or Inkjet technologies
- Experience in different polymer-based analytical techniques such as GPC/SEC, DLS
- Experience in synthesis of small and macromolecules
At United Therapeutics, you’ll realize quickly that it is not an ordinary place to work! When you join our company, you will learn, grow, contribute, have fun, and be challenged... all while making a difference in the lives of our patients.
While United Therapeutics does not require vaccination for Covid-19 at this time, we strongly encourage all employees and visitors to remain up to date on vaccinations and boosters to protect one another from illness. Employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere and comply with customers’ credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination against Covid -19, the influenza virus, and other illnesses that could be harmful to healthcare staff and patients.
United Therapeutics Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - EOE Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities