Our Supply Chain team ensures inventory is consistently available to meet customer demand. We coordinate all aspects of supply through supply planning, sourcing, making, inventory management, packaging and delivery. We partner across the Marketing, Finance and Manufacturing organizations to build a robust demand and supply plan and ensure we get products to the right customer, at the place, at the right time.
Our Company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and consumer health products, as well as animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us. Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of people like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Animal Health Global Supplier Management (AH-GSM) is an organization of approximately 150 professionals with the common objective of compliant, competitive, and innovative acquisition of goods & services from leading suppliers and partners that deliver a competitive advantage to our Company. AH-GSM manages approximately $2B of third party spend through an organizational structure encompassing the global leverage of center-led categories and regional operating resources.
As part of the Contract Manufacturing Organizations (CMO) team for Animal Health, the Associate Specialist contributes to and drives strategic projects to ensure high quality and cost competitive Contract Manufacturers for our Animal Health products. The Associate Specialist helps lead the business case development and execution of opportunities within the category to meet stakeholder and customer needs across all species teams and the global business.
This role will report to the Devices CMO Category Lead within the Animal Health Global Supplier Management team and contribute directly to enabling high value cost savings opportunities and consolidation of multiple products with key strategic partners around the world.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Ensure due diligence and process compliance in supplier evaluation and selection opportunities to ensure appropriate savings and service levels. This includes completing mandatory legal contract requirements, financial due diligence, and managing relationships with external contacts to enable effective negotiations and evaluations for new business opportunities.
Additionally, serve as an operational and technical resource for the AH-GSM organization and stakeholders in our Company's Animal Health to: communicate and resolve purchasing systems issues; negotiate successful resolution to problems or concerns; educate customers about process and technology of supplier management functions.
Additional responsibilities may include as follows:
- Supplier and Supply Market Analysis – To conduct rigorous market intelligence and detailed supplier and supply market analyses, to provide deep and meaningful insight to Sourcing teams.
- Cost Modeling / Cost reduction – To construct detailed cost models/purchase price analysis of goods and services that are supplied to our Company. At times, this will require supplier visits to create a complete understanding of the cost structure of suppliers and develop cost reduction opportunities.
- Supplier Performance Management – supplier performance monitoring, root cause investigation, issue management, risk assessment and mitigation
- Financial Analysis & Reporting – To prepare analysis and reporting of category spend, savings, compliance, and other metrics data on a regular (quarterly) basis. To support the annual budget / profit planning process for the category at the global level. To maintain financial reporting and management systems (including SAP) with up-to-date data on an ongoing basis.
- Negotiation Planning – To create pre-negotiation plans, including direct participation in negotiation sessions with suppliers and to conduct post negotiation debriefs and action plans.
- Sourcing – To create and execute RFIs, RFPs, and e-Auctions, together with subsequent structured information analysis wherever possible using electronic procurement processes.
- Sharing of Learning’s – The incumbent will be expected to generate work of a world class quality and share and transfer this to colleagues throughout AH-GSM.
- Continuous Improvement – Hold self, team members, and suppliers accountable to the intention of continuous improvement, and to lead and manage the measurement and review process to ensure delivery of expectations.
We are an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations. Former Military, Transitioning Service Members, National Guard & Reserves - We value your past and present service.
Minimum Education Requirement:
- Undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent) preferably in Engineering, Science, or Business fields
Required Experience or Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, collaboration, negotiation, analytical, and project management skills.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, problem solving, and team building skills/experience, including ability to relate to or demonstrate awareness of diverse cultural backgrounds and experiences
- High degree of flexibility and adaptability to deal with ambiguous and dynamic situation
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills
- Confidence with Microsoft Office software, especially with managing and analysing significant datasets in Excel or similar.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous and complex projects requiring frequent communication, organization, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Confidence in decision making skills and ability to work independently
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Prior internship, co-op, or work experience in the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry
- Experience working with Enterprise Resource Planning software, such as SAP
- Ability to translate strategic vision into tactical plans and manage the change required to execute.
- Experience working in a manufacturing or customer-service industry
- Participation and membership in a team-based organization or activity
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is committed to be the most trusted supplier of bio-pharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: