Requisition ID: CHE006507
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that's committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
Global Vaccine Operations, Technical Operations - Biological/Bacterial Manufacturing (BBM) is seeking highly motivated individuals to join their laboratory team supporting multi-product vaccine manufacturing processes. This role will be a laboratory based role collaborating with Operations, Quality, and other support groups to meet targeted manufacturing and product projects within a BBM Integrated Product Team (IPT), including product/process investigation, continuous improvement changes, and strategic product/process initiatives. The subject position will be responsible for the following:
- Functioning as a key member of the BBM laboratory team through executing lab-scale process development, in-process assay support, and process scale-up or scale-down of purification (downstream) process unit operations.
- Functioning as a key team member to collaborate with manufacturing teams to support facility activities and provide on-the-floor support for drug substance manufacturing within the Merck network.
- Participating in technical support activities for licensed vaccines.
- Executing assignments against accelerated, critical-path timelines in a right-first-time manner.
- Author and updates technical and manufacturing documents to support process changes, investigations, engineering/demonstration work, and validations.
- Support regulatory inspections activities.
- Support Technology Transfer activities, as needed.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- B.S. or M.S. in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry or comparable discipline
Required Experience and Skills:
- Experience with large molecule purification (chromatography, filtration, centrifugation).
- Experience with process development in a laboratory setting.
- Experience authoring technical documentation to support regulatory submissions.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Working knowledge of cGMPs
- Experience with large molecule manufacturing and on-the-floor manufacturing support.
- Experience with large molecule assay development and execution (HPLC, UPLC, MS).
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team and execute against key commitments
- Strong problem solving skills and a hands-on approach to problem solving, with a bias towards going to see problems for oneself in the field.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Chemical Engineering
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: Yes - : Some work with biosafety-level 2 organisms
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia