Requisition ID: QUA008434
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that's committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
The Associate Specialist, Quality Assurance position is available at the Merck Animal Health facility in De Soto, Kansas, located near Kansas City metropolitan area. The DeSoto facility is expanding operations to manufacturing vaccines and biologics for large and companion animals. Leveraging an experienced and innovative team environment, the key technologies at the site are biologics production using fermentation and cell culture platforms, filling and packaging.
This position will be responsible for assisting the Quality Assurance department in maintaining quality system compliance with Company policy and applicable regulations and standards. This position will also be a key member of an Intigrated Product Team (IPT) within an area of manufacturing operations. In that role they will provide ongoing support to production processes, quality control, and other duties as assigned by Quality Assurance Management.
Education Minimum Requirement:
- An Associates or Bachelor's degree in science, engineering, or related areas of study.
Required Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in Manufacturing environment, Pharmaceutical / Biological Quality, Operational, Technical or Regulatory function supporting manufacturing or testing operations, or related industry experience in a laboratory, manufacturing, science related or regulated setting.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including flexibility, collaboration and inclusion skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated self-starter with capability to develop innovative solutions to challenges.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Working knowledge and application of Quality Assurance systems
- Progressive and demonstrated Quality decision making responsibility
- Proven analytical aptitude, critical thinking skills and ability to apply key concepts.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Qual Assurance & Ops Generic
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Kansas City