About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, we want to make a difference. For nearly 100 years, we have led the way in diabetes care. Being part of Novo Nordisk allows our employees to embark on life-changing careers, and the opportunity to help improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world.
In Clayton, NC, we now operate two adjacent pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities that are responsible for fulfilling different steps in our injectable and oral treatment supply chains.
Our Clayton, NC Injectable Finished Products (IFP) facility is a 457,000 square foot aseptic "fill and finish" site that is responsible for producing innovative, injectable diabetes and obesity treatments. When you work at IFP, you’ll join a global network of manufacturing professionals focused on several key, final production processes, including sterile formulation, filling, inspection, device assembly and packaging.
At IFP, our employees are passionate about what they do, knowing their work makes a difference to millions of people who rely on our products every day. After all, producing medicines is a special responsibility.
Join Team Novo Nordisk and help us make what matters.
Work with project team and vendors to ensure process control systems for new equipment and processes are in alignment with local and global standards. Incumbent would also work with equipment vendors to spec equipment IFA’s and requirements ensuring the equipment is ability to connect to and be used in local manufacturing meeting all requirements.
- People Focus
- Equipment Focus
- Standards “Gatekeeper”
- Support plans to maintain & improve process control systems
- Schedule & execute plans in coordination with manufacturing schedules
- Operate as automation resource on projects that involve process control systems
- Responsible for own self development & initiative to understand the site process control systems
- Adhere to the automation standards & implement the necessary changes to the automation-related specifications & maintenance plans
- Support audits & inspections as SME for process control systems
- Utilize the appropriate cLEAN® tools within the main areas of Systematic Problem Solving, process improvement, & project management
- Operate within compliance with a Quality Mindset that focuses on risk management & mitigation
- Implement effective change management
- Support Corporate, DFP, local IT, & local stakeholder initiatives & projects
- Other accountabilities, as assigned
BA/BS in engineering/related field or equivalent combination of education & experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years engineering experience in process-based manufacturing, utility, &/or packaging systems
- Knowledgeable in the following
- MS SQL
- Proven expertise in planning/organization/execution of engineering activities
- Follow up on results & revising the work plan for complex problems being resolved by cross functional teams
Physical & Other Requirements
- Occasionally moves equipment &/or supplies weighing up to 33 pounds within the facility using various body positions
- Ability to lift objects that are up to 40 lbs. with assistance
- Routinely operates & inspects manufacturing equipment using hands
- Corrected Vision to 20/30
- Occasionally ascends/descends a ladder to service equipment & can work atop elevated positions
- Occasionally works around odorous &/or hazardous materials. May be required to wear latex gloves
- Occasionally positions self within confined spaces for inspection, repair & maintenance of equipment
- Ability to work in loud noise environments with hearing protection
- Ability to work hours necessary to support production & / or maintenance activities
- Ability to work the hours necessary to support a 24/7 continuous manufacturing operation
- Ability to travel internationally, as requested (up to 10%)
- Novo Nordisk requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Novo Nordisk will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. You will be required to upload an image of your COVID-19 vaccine card at the time of hire and/or on your first day of employment
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
Novo Nordisk requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Novo Nordisk will consider requests for reasonable accommodation.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.