About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, we are helping to improve the quality of life for millions of people worldwide. For more than 100 years, we have led the way in diabetes care. Being part of Novo Nordisk allows our employees to embark on life-changing careers, and the opportunity to help improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world.
In NC, we operate three pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities that are responsible for fulfilling different steps in our injectable and oral treatment supply chains. Our newer Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) facility in Clayton, NC sits on 825,000 square-feet of state-of-the-art equipment, and houses the Fermentation, Recovery and Purification in the production of ingredients for Novo Nordisk’s innovative oral products. At API, you’ll join a global network of manufacturing professionals who are passionate about what they do.
What we offer you:
- Leading pay and annual performance bonus for all positions
- All employees enjoy generous paid time off including 14 paid holidays
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance – effective day one
- Guaranteed 8% 401K contribution plus individual company match option
- Family Focused Benefits including 12 weeks paid parental & 6 weeks paid family medical leave
- Free access to Novo Nordisk-marketed pharmaceutical products
- Tuition Assistance – reimbursement up to $10,000 annually
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Employee Referral Awards
At Novo Nordisk, you will find opportunities, resources, and mentorship to help grow and build your career. Are you ready to realize your potential? Join Team Novo Nordisk and help us make what matters.
Support successful design & implementation of automation for process or utility systems. Provide input, review & approve design & requirement specifications. Secure proper & efficient implementation & qualification. Support production & other stakeholders. Improve reliability of the process control systems to meet current & projected customer, business & regulatory requirements through the following activities:
- People Focus
- Equipment Focus
- Standards “Gatekeeper”
- Lead troubleshooting for automation-related downtime
- Develop & manage plans to maintain & improve process control systems
- Support & manage implementation of system & interfaces
- Support & manage Corporate, Product Supply, DAPI, site, stakeholders & departmental initiatives/projects
- Schedule & execute plans in coordination with production schedules
- Drive technical clarifications with suppliers & internal stakeholders
- Operate as automation lead or resource on projects that involve process control systems
- Own self development & initiative to understand the site process control systems
- Adhere to the automation standards & establish new automation standards when necessary
- Support audits & inspections
- Function as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for assigned areas/technologies
- Coach & train colleagues & stakeholders in relevant areas/develop training material when necessary
- Utilize the appropriate cLEAN® tools when relevant
- Manage assignments within compliance with a Quality Mindset that focuses on risk management & mitigation
- Ensure quality of system adhere to company standards
- Adhere to the Change Management standards
- Govern behavior based on the Novo Nordisk Way
- Support or lead other accountabilities, as assigned
BA/BS in engineering/related field or equivalent combination of experience & education.
- Minimum of five (5) years of engineering experience in process-based manufacturing (API, formulation, etc.), utility, and/or packaging systems
- Troubleshooting automation & control systems & Batch processes
- Pharmaceutical industry experience
- Knowledgeable in the following: PLC (Rockwell), HMI, DCS (DeltaV), Historian (OSI PI, etc.), SCADA, MES (Syncade, etc.), MS SQL
- Programming & configuration of PCS or DCS systems
- Proven expertise (e.g. project management) in planning/organization & project execution, follow-up & completion
Physical & Other Requirements
- Occasionally moves equipment and/or supplies weighing up to 50 pounds within the facility
- Routinely operates & inspects manufacturing equipment using hands
- Must be able to be on feet for up to a 12-hour shift
- Constantly positions oneself to transfer materials within manufacturing environment. Frequently moves about building(s) to access other personnel & operational areas
- Corrected vision to 20/30 and/or ability to pass vision screening assessment necessary to procure motorized vehicle license
- Occasionally ascends/descends a ladder to access service equipment. Works atop elevated positions at heights
- Occasionally required to secure a motorized vehicle license & operate a motorized vehicle
- Occasionally works around odorous and/or hazardous materials
- Occasionally performs critical job functions in extremely cold work environments
- Occasionally positions oneself within confined spaces for inspection, repair & maintenance of equipment
- Able to work in loud noise environments with hearing protection
- Able to work in an open office environment with the possibility of frequent distraction
- Able to work the hours necessary to support a 24/7 continuous manufacturing operation
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.