About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, we want to make a difference. For more than 95 years, we have led the way in diabetes care. Being part of Novo Nordisk allows our employees to embark on life-changing careers, and the opportunity to help improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world.
Help us bring quality to life. We are currently seeking top talent for our new OFP tableting facility located in Durham, NC.
This position can be filled as a level I or II commensurate with experience.
Improve reliability of the process control systems to meet current & projected customer, business & regulatory requirements through the following activities:
- People Focus
- Equipment Focus
- Standards “Gatekeeper”
- Support plans to maintain & improve process control systems
- Schedule & execute plans in coordination with manufacturing schedules
- Operate as automation resource on projects that involve process control systems
- Own self development & initiative to understand the site process control systems
- Adhere to the automation standards & implement the necessary changes to the automation-related specifications & maintenance plans
- Support audits & inspections as SME for process control systems
- Coach & train colleagues & stakeholders in relevant areas
- Utilize the appropriate cLEAN® tools within the main areas of Systematic Problem Solving, process improvement, & project management
- Operate within compliance with a Quality Mindset that focuses on risk management & mitigation
- Implement effective Change Management
- Support Corporate, OFP, local IT & local stakeholder initiatives & projects
- Govern behavior based on the Novo Nordisk Way
- Support other accountabilities, as assigned
BA/BS in engineering/related field or an equivalent combination of experience & education.
- Minimum of two (2) years of engineering experience in process-based manufacturing, utility and/or packaging systems
- Knowledgeable in the following systems: PLC, SCADA, MES, Oracle, MS SQL
- Proven expertise, (e.g. project management) in planning/organization & project execution, follow-up & completion
Physical & Other Requirements
- Occasionally moves equipment and/or supplies weighing up to 50 pounds within the facility using various body positions
- Routinely operates & inspects manufacturing equipment using hands
- Ability to be on feet for up to a 12-hour shift
- Corrected vision to 20/30
- Occasionally ascends/descends a ladder to service equipment & can work atop elevated positions
- Occasionally works around odorous and/or hazardous materials
- May be required to wear latex gloves
- Able to work in loud noise environments with hearing protection
- May be required to work for short periods of time with respiratory protection
- Able to travel internationally, up to 25% of the time
- Able to work in an open office environment with the possibility of frequent distraction
- Able to work the hours necessary to support a 24/7 continuous manufacturing operation
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.