Automation Engineering Intern
This is a paid, ten-week internship during the summer of 2020.
There are 2 openings within Automation.
As an Automation Engineering Intern at Novo Nordisk your duties may include:
- managing at least 1 IT/Automation area project
- PC support/setup
- asset management of IT systems
- print services
- network cabling
- PLC, SCADA, MES, Oracle, MS SQL
- supporting department plans to execute factory acceptance testing (FATs) and site acceptance testing (SATs) for process control system equipment
- supporting department process optimization and scheduling activities
- supporting existing automation resources on projects
- owning self-development & initiative to understand the site process control systems
- learning Systematic Problem Solving (SPS) in order to help process investigations and process improvements
- preparing and delivering a presentation to management on the details of your project at the conclusion of the internship
- other duties as assigned
- Must be a rising junior, rising senior or graduate student
- Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in computer engineering, electrical engineering, or related field
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- 0-6 months of work-related experience
- Assist in planning of IT and/or Automation activities, gathering data, following up on results, etc.
- Leadership: Builds strong working relationships. Creates direction through vision, inspiration, & example
- Participative/Supporting/Coaching: Actively participates in process/team activities, supports ideas/actions of others
- Agility: Able to take direction and work with minimal guidance
- Teaming: Collaborates, supports, & participates in performing all team activities necessary to assure the Team wins
- Customer/Results Driven: Demonstrates a sense of urgency in supplying the customer & delivering good results
Physical & Other Requirements:
- Ability to work in confined spaces & near operating equipment
- Ability to work in loud noise environments
- Ability to work hours necessary to support 24/7 Manufacturing activities
- Ability to work hours necessary to support production & maintenance activities
Besides Life-Changing Work, Novo Nordisk Interns Will Experience:
- Tour of our $2BIL API Expansion
- Various social events
- Intern lunches
- Presentation training
- Career discussion with leaders and experts
- Team building activities
- Myers-Briggs workshop
- And more!
About Novo Nordisk:
At Novo Nordisk, we are driving change to defeat diabetes and other serious chronic conditions.
Novo Nordisk is a global healthcare company with 95 years of innovation and leadership in diabetes care. This heritage has given us experience and capabilities that also enable us to help people defeat other serious chronic conditions: rare bleeding disorders, growth hormone related disorders and obesity.
Headquartered in Denmark, Novo Nordisk employs approximately 42,700 people in 79 countries and markets its products in more than 170 countries.
At this time, Novo Nordisk is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future would require sponsorship for employment visa status.
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Requisition ID: 60382BR
Job Category: Engineering