About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, we want to make a difference. For nearly 100 years, we have led the way in diabetes care. Being part of Novo Nordisk allows our employees to embark on life-changing careers, and the opportunity to help improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world.
In Clayton, NC, we now operate two adjacent pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities that are responsible for fulfilling different steps in our injectable and oral treatment supply chains.
Our Clayton, NC Diabetes Finished Products (DFP) facility is a 457,000 square foot aseptic "fill and finish" site that is responsible for producing innovative, injectable diabetes and obesity treatments. When you work at DFP, you’ll join a global network of manufacturing professionals focused on several key, final production processes, including sterile formulation, filling, inspection, device assembly and packaging.
At DFP, our employees are passionate about what they do, knowing their work makes a difference to millions of people who rely on our products every day. After all, producing medicines is a special responsibility.
Join Team Novo Nordisk and help us make what matters.
Assist in the operation, maintenance & administration of automated control systems. Responsible for the working condition of the equipment control systems throughout the facility.
- Inspect, troubleshoot & repair mechanical, electrical & / or electronic equipment including PLCs
- Performs routine, preventative & predictive maintenance
- Participates in equipment rebuild & upgrades
- Assist in the development of maintenance procedures, preventative, routine & predictive work instructions, training & troubleshooting manuals, validation documents, protocols & corrective / preventative actions
- Participate in equipment installations & relocations
- Provides timely notification to management of any discrepancy that has a direct or indirect impact on product quality
- Provides superior customer service
- Interacts with equipment & service vendors for troubleshooting, installation, improving reliability & / or efficiency purposes
- Initiates purchase order for parts, test tools, equipment, etc. to maintain an adequate inventory
- Follows safe working practices while performing assigned duties. Identifies reports & may recommend corrective action for any unsafe conditions to a supervisor, or department manager. Adheres to safety procedures including, but not limited to wearing product specific Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements, safety glasses, lock out, confine space & other company policies & procedures
- Follows all cGMPs & ensures that product is manufactured according to procedure & current Good Manufacturing Practices
- Maintains training readiness
- Other accountabilities as assigned
AA/AS/AAS in mechanical/electronics or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years IT/Automation or mechanical experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- 2+ years’ experience with PLC, HMI, SCADA platforms such as Allen Bradley, Siemens, RSView, & Intellution
- 2+ years of maintenance experience in support of production operations is required
- Experience in Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Food, Cosmetic, Beverage or relevant work is preferred
- Must have a basic understanding of various types of equipment found in the manufacturing area, which includes, but not limited to formulation, filling, inspection, packaging, component prep, etc.
- PLC, process control &/or distributed control system experience is required
- Employee must be flexible to work overtime &/or different shifts as business needs dictate
- Knowledge of Computerized Calibration Management System a plus
- Familiar with project management methodology
- Excellent organizational & planning skills
- Must be able to frequently lift &/or move up to 50 pounds
- Commitment to work hours necessary to support continuous operations
- Novo Nordisk requires all employees to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine by December 8, 2021. As required by applicable law, Novo Nordisk will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. You will be required to upload an image of your COVID-19 vaccine card at the time of hire and/or on your first day of employment.
Millions rely on us
At Novo Nordisk, we don’t wait for change. We drive change. We’re a dynamic company in an even more dynamic industry, and we know that what got us to where we are today is not necessarily what will make us successful in the future. We embrace the spirit of experimentation, striving for excellence without fixating on perfection. We never shy away from opportunities to develop, we seize them. Working at Novo Nordisk is working toward something bigger than ourselves, and it’s a collective effort. Novo Nordisk relies on the joint potential and collaboration of its more than 40,000 employees to change the lives for the better for millions of patients living with diabetes and other chronic diseases. Together, we go further. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.