About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, we want to make a difference. For nearly 100 years, we have led the way in diabetes care. Being part of Novo Nordisk allows our employees to embark on life-changing careers, and the opportunity to help improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world.
In Clayton, NC, we now operate two adjacent pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities that are responsible for fulfilling different steps in our injectable and oral treatment supply chains.
Our Clayton, NC Injectable Finished Products (IFP) facility is a 457,000 square foot aseptic "fill and finish" site that is responsible for producing innovative, injectable diabetes and obesity treatments. When you work at IFP, you’ll join a global network of manufacturing professionals focused on several key, final production processes, including sterile formulation, filling, inspection, device assembly and packaging.
At IFP, our employees are passionate about what they do, knowing their work makes a difference to millions of people who rely on our products every day. After all, producing medicines is a special responsibility.
Join Team Novo Nordisk and help us make what matters.
Support Automation in developing strategic perspective for the automation IT system platform at our DFP site, including aligning with the IT infrastructure components & global IT solutions. Incumbent would coordinate & drive implementation of automation technology & solutions for new production equipment & warehouse solutions. Incumbent would also help identify department competency & process gaps & support developing methods to close these gaps.
- Define & manage automation system platform
- Support management of the project roadmap
- Support vendor/supplier relationships
- Manage interface with System Admins, IT & Global support
- Manage interface with internal departments to align requirements
- Manage interface with vendors & external service suppliers
- Help establish & maintain local standards, such as user/technical specifications, operating procedures, validation approach, change management, maintenance plans, etc.
- Develop plans to maintain & improve process automation systems
- Coach & train peers & stakeholders
- Evaluate new projects & initiatives for automation impact, scope, cost, resource demands, etc.
- Employ advanced cLEAN® tools within the main areas of problem solving, project & change management
- Manage quality expectations & ensure system compliance
- Other accountabilities, as assigned
- BA/BS in Engineering/related field, or an equivalent combination of education & experience
- Minimum of ten (10) years of pharmaceutical project automation experience
- Relevant technical knowledge & experience within automation technology & solution areas
- Ability to drive process solutions by working proactively with a broad range of project stakeholders & Novo Nordisk automation / IT stakeholders
- Historian experience
- PLC, other controller & field device experience
- Experience in working with external engineering consultants
- Highly competent leader with project management experience
- Written & verbal communication skills to allow interaction with all levels of operations & management
- Proven expertise in project management, in planning/organization & project execution, follow-up & completion
- Excellent problem-solving skills
Physical & Other Requirements
- Occasionally moves equipment &/or supplies weighing up to 33 pounds within the facility
- Ability to be on feet for up to a 12-hour shift
- Frequently moves about building(s) to access other personnel & operational areas
- Occasionally works around odorous &/or hazardous materials
- Occasionally positions oneself within confined spaces for inspection, repair & maintenance of equipment
- Ability to work in loud noise environments with hearing protection
- Ability to work in an open office environment with the possibility of frequent distraction
- Ability to work the hours necessary to support a 24/7 continuous manufacturing operation
- Ability to travel internationally, up to 10%
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
Novo Nordisk requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Novo Nordisk will consider requests for reasonable accommodation.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.