The Account Manager is responsible for the positioning and selling of pain management products within the assigned territory. This includes the pharmacological & technical (Package Insert & functions, benefits) knowledge and sales of product value proposition. The Account Manager will work with Regional Director to develop a sound business plan that will lead to exceeding defined sales revenues for said territory. The Account Manager will utilize product knowledge, relevant hospital relationships, and business acumen skills and execute strategy to meet and exceed sales objectives of our flagship product.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an individual assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned.
- Identify target markets in accordance with organizational strategy utilizing familiarity with hospital operations and existing reporting, tools and dashboards.
- Ensure that corporate revenue objectives are exceeded within a specified geography
- Work with surgeons, anesthesiologists, health care providers and pharmacy, focused on pain management to ensure that the product is adopted within an account and geography
- Developing and maintaining expertise of product
- Effective time management skills to increase sales productivity and tactical implementation of sales activities to achieve business objectives.
- Actively participating with Region Director in the strategic and tactical planning process
- Update and document sales account information via software system (iREP)
- Demonstrate expertise and knowledge of the conversion process within a hospital
- Develop and execute sales and retention strategies for target markets and customers.
- Complete face-to-face sales meetings with physicians, schedulers, practice managers, and medical staff in hospitals to ensure understanding, as well as to close business, ensuring that obstacles are identified and minimized.
- Effectively manage territory, conducting office visits to include: Education on services offered, enhancement and new advances.
- Communicating opportunities, market trends, and issues to appropriate management/staff in a timely manner Prepare and present opportunities, market trends, and challenges to appropriate leadership/staff in a timely manner and on a regular basis, gaining support and commitment as needed.
- Manage expense budgets in a timely manner
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest clinical data supplied by the company, and interpreting, presenting and discussing this data with health professionals during presentations.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university required.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years' of direct selling experience to hospitals and healthcare professionals in the pharmaceutical, biotech, device or health care industry.
- Minimum 3 years' experience selling in the OR.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills,
- Strong demonstrated presentation skills.
- Must be able to timely and accurately complete Hospital Credentialing requirements to gain access to their facilities
- Able to travel extensively; valid driver's license in the state in which you reside; reliable transportation. Must live in your designated geographic territory.
- Knowledge of key industry business drivers, emerging medical trends, and performance metrics, and ability to leverage that knowledge to inform strategy.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, collaborative, and analytical skills with a customer focus; must be able to foster and maintain sound working relationships.
- Independently motivated and driven to achieve high goals and seek continuous improvement in knowledge and skills.
- Competencies for sales efficiency and effectiveness; discipline in goal setting, prospecting, networking, territory management, and time management. Skills in account management, needs assessment, value propositioning, handling objections and gaining agreement.
- Skills to employ technologies effectively and proficiency (MS office suite, relevant mobile technology and web-based applications.)
- Overnight travel will be required, ability to cover geographic territory; include corporate meetings. Able to travel overnight and locally up to 90% of the time.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled