Q2 Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. With a relentless focus on quality and innovation, Q2 Solutions uses its global experience and scientific expertise to transform science and data into actionable medical insights that help customers improve human health. A joint venture of IQVIA (formerly QuintilesIMS) and Quest Diagnostics, Q2 Solutions combines the best of each parent organization's clinical trials laboratory services capabilities to fulfill its mission of treating each sample as if a life depends on it.
The Bioinformatics Analyst position is tasked with executing data analysis pipelines for our many pharmaceutical and research partners and evaluating the results. The role will provide technical expertise to develop and maintain programs to meet internal and external client needs, and assist in the development of project-related solutions and documentation.
- Analyze next generation sequencing data in the support of client projects.
- Provide quality control evaluations of various next generation sequencing data sets across multiple applications.
- Troubleshoot and escalate software problems which may arise during analysis.
- Assist Bioinformaticist / Sr. Bioinformaticist in the analysis of production scale projects.
- Develop documentation of analyses conducted and/or analysis plans and specifications, as appropriate.
- Provide feedback to developers of analytical and / or workflow systems on requirements, bugs, and operational requirements.
- All responsibilities are essential job functions unless noted as nonessential (N).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong foundational knowledge in Linux/UNIX-based systems
- Basic understanding of standard bioinformatics programming languages such as bash, sed, or awk. Knowledge of either Perl or Python a plus.
- General knowledge of Next Generation Sequencing data
- Good organizational, interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and projects
- Strong level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree or educational equivalent in Bioinformatics, Statistics, Genomics or related field; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
Job ID: R1105481