IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for patients.
IQVIA's EMEA Data Science Hub in Sofia is recruiting Data Scientists. If you possess a Masters Degree in one of the subjects below, can live and work in Sofia and possess programming experience in a statistical software package or a proven aptitude to programming we want to talk to you.
Acceptable Masters Degrees:
- Statistics/Statistical Science/Statistical Data Analytics/Medical Statistics, Data Science, Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, Applied Mathematics with Statistics or Epidemiology
You will be working with a talented team developing and applying innovative scientific methods, processes, algorithms and systems to extract knowledge and insights from structured and unstructured healthcare data.
- Develop and document data science methods and algorithms
- Extract, clean, investigate, prepare, analyse and report real-world data according to statistical analysis plans and programming specifications using R or SAS software
- Contribute to and support the ongoing maintenance and development of a centralized library of R functions within a best practice software engineering framework
- Contribute to improving operational efficiencies of workflows, including development of automated process and internal guidance documents
- Implement quality control procedures
MINIMUM SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- A Masters Degree as described above
- Experience in programming in a statistical software package or a proven aptitude to programming
- A proactive, creative, innovative and pragmatic approach to problem solving and an ability to think critically and independently
- Ability to achieve results within a multi-cultural and geographically diverse team in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Already possess the Right to Work in Bulgaria
- Flexible and adaptable in a client focused, results driven environment
- Excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills (in English)
- Ability to program and analyse data. R or SAS software preferred. In-depth knowledge of Python also considered
- Experience designing and executing prospective or retrospective database studies
- Experience building or applying statistical models
- Prior experience working in a consultancy or other service sector in the healthcare industry
- Ability to process and verify the integrity of data from multiple sources
- Experience in producing data visualisations to communicate analysis results
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.