Requisition ID: INF004855
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare .
MMD IT Architecture is a part of Divisional IT supporting the Merck Manufacturing Division. Merck's Manufacturing division covers Supply Chain, Manufacturing Execution, Quality test and release and logistics & distributions. The MMD IT organization has responsibility to understand business requirements and strategy for short & long terms. Architecture team is responsible for proposing and maintaining solutions in the overall MMD ecosystem. They also partner with Client service and platform teams to develop road-maps for the fit for purpose solutions. The team follows a structured methodology and engagement model across all sub divisions in MMD. The team supports various Industry 4.0 innovations across the division, with direct ownership in Proof of Concept and Proof of Value stages but consulting in larger deployments.
- Applies a structured approach and methodology for capturing the key views of the business unit in the context of E2E cross divisional information flow
- Maps and models business processes and enterprise information specific to the business area.
- Partner with Account Management to maintain expertise in the direction of the business area, the specific challenges it faces, and develop business enablement & solution road maps to advance business capabilities for the area.
- Applies business and technical lens to assessments; ensuring that solutions not only meet business needs, but also align with enterprise and divisional strategies.
- Provides input to the platform teams to guide the enterprise toward a target state as it relates to supported line of business.
- Partners with platforms to conceptualize solution architectures adhering to documented Directions and Standards while addressing business strategies, business capability requirements, business processes, information assets, and the operating model of the client business area
- Applies understanding of new and emerging technologies to improve and digitize business processes and improve overall user experience
- Manages and executes Proofs of Value and Pilots to define path forward for new capabilities
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor's degree in business, information systems or related discipline, or equivalent and extensive related project experience; M.B.A. preferred.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Five or more years of experience in IT, with a minimum of two years in business process design and development/production support role
- Familiarity with Big Data and AI technologies, Skill sets: R, Python, scripting
- Experience with process redesign methods (examples : business process re-engineering, Six Sigma or total quality management)
- Comprehensive knowledge of facilitation and Awareness of organization change management.
- Strong business acumen, and easy rapport with senior executives. Able to think out of the box on situation dependent issues; Comfortable working in ambiguous environment
- Organizational savvy; leveraging social network to escape hierarchy. Adept at managing diverse relationships across expertise, geography and culture.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Ability to influence without authority
- Open and receptive to listening, and discerning pain points; Leads with ideas, evidence and creates and fosters a collaborative atmosphere
- Exposure to consulting industry preferred
- Experience in information architecture or supply chain IT
- Strong situational analysis and decision making abilities
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Information Technology Architecture
Other Locations: Durham-RTP, NC, US; Branchburg, NJ, US; Upper Gwynedd, PA, US; West Point, PA, US; Austin, TX, US
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 2
Shift (if applicable):
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey