IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
IQVIA is a leading integrated information and technology-enabled healthcare service provider worldwide, dedicated to helping its clients improve their clinical, scientific and commercial results. Our talented ~ 55,000 employees are driven, insightful and deliver a better way of doing things so that our clients can continue to deliver true breakthroughs while taking on more complex diseases. Companies seeking to improve real-world patient outcomes through treatment innovations, care provision and access can leverage IQVIA's broad range of healthcare information, technology and service solutions to drive new insights and approaches. IQVIA provides solutions that span clinical to commercial, bringing customers a unique opportunity to realize the full potential of innovations and advanced healthcare outcomes.
IQVIA Real-World Insights (RWI) teams work with clients to help them collect and use real-world data to generate evidence to meet the needs of regulators, payers, providers and patients. Our approach is unique in the industry and is defining the way companies can develop and apply real-world evidence to provide deeper insight about market dynamics, therapy area changes, outcomes research and other scientific insights. We are collaborative, intellectually curious, entrepreneurial, and constantly looking for opportunities to harness the value of real-world evidence in a constantly evolving industry.
We seek experienced, consultative sales professionals to serve as RWI customer relationship manager and strategic business partner responsible for developing and expanding new business opportunities with customers. Our customers include small to large pharmaceutical and medical device companies. Our primary clients within those customers include Medical Affairs, HEOR, Therapeutic Franchises and Procurement. The Account Director will drive solution development to meet client business issues. Help IQVIA develop and deliver market leading solutions and capabilities. Establish, grow and manage long-term and profitable relationships.
This role can be office based or home based in Germany or Switzerland.
- Actively prospect and leverage potential new business opportunities within specified potential new and/or existing accounts.
- Establish and execute a comprehensive sales plan for each target account.
- Cultivate strong, long-term relationships with key decision-makers within accounts and develop deep knowledge of the customer organization.
- Gain an understanding of competitive activities, positioning and pricing, which include specific reasons for awards and non-awards.
- Analyze potential opportunities and develop sales strategies for each customer account. Ensure appropriate strategy/solution is proposed to customer. Monitor actions and results against plans.
- Communicate with internal delivery and operational leads to assess overall level of customer satisfaction and progress of projects.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of all IQVIA services for appropriate cross-sell opportunities.
- Work with cross-functional sales and support teams to prepare and lead client interactions and sales presentations. Educate team participants in customer culture, operational needs/methods and sales techniques needed to close the sale.
- Manage and assist in the preparation RFI/RFP responses.
- Utilize CRM and other sales tracking tools to maintain business development and sales activities and track progress.
- Communicate all account activity to Senior Sales Leader and/or appropriate individuals through the opportunity tracking systems.
- Support sales by attending trade shows and industry conferences.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree with at least 8 years' relevant industry experience (clinical research or pharma); or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Must be a superior and successful sales person, have excellent presentation and writing skills, act with a sense of urgency, and be able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Must have successful experience identifying and closing new business opportunities and developing positive relationships at all levels of client management and within IQVIA sales, consulting and marketing teams.
- Must be revenue-driven, knowledgeable, consultative, a problem solver, customer focused, creative, resourceful, fast & flexible, organized, and an effective negotiator.
- Must have experience delivering against aggressive sales targets.
- Solid understanding of the principles of Real World Research & Evidence and Drug Development is mandatory.
- Demonstrate ability to work creatively and effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities.
- Ability to influence others both internally and externally.
- Strategic business awareness and analytical skills.
- Ability to maintain demanding timelines.
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
Job ID: R1063306