Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals plc is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing, and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs.
The Business Director APAC in collaboration with the Head of Partner markets is responsible for developing, implementing & managing the regional strategic and operational plan to ensure that patients & HCPs who require access to Jazz products can have optimal access. This access will be achieved through regional or local distribution partners and it is the Business Director's responsibility to ensure that these partners are managed & act in an optimal manner in line with the overall Jazz global strategy.
This role leads and manages the Asia Pacific Region with other territories as may be required.
- Manage Partners and Markets
- Ensure detailed knowledge of key countries including in country data, opportunities & risks; partner structure, capabilities & activities.
- Provide effective and motivational product leadership for partner teams
- In collaboration with the Head of Partner markets develop clear short & medium term key account strategic & operational plans for each partner & key country, including regulatory, medical, Pricing & Reimbursement, supply & operational plans to engage with the appropriate Jazz functional teams to ensure optimal patient access across the region and key countries.
- Ensure partners comply with all feedback and reporting requirements
- Deliver Partner Network meetings as necessary for the full region to provide necessary updates and ensure all partners are in line with strategy, both company and product
- Work closely with the partners to train & transfer Jazz knowledge & expertise across product, strategy and culture to their teams
- Ensure all compliance policies and procedures are followed and partners are acting appropriately when conducting business on behalf of Jazz
- Perform regular business reviews with each partner to effectively manage the business
- Plan to access new and profitable markets to achieve sustained growth.
- Identify opportunities and risks and, if required, put forward rational plans & requests to mobilise Jazz resources from across the relevant functions in a collaborative manner
- Build strong relationships with partner teams, key customers and customer groups
- Maintain and develop a productive network of key opinion leaders to support market planning and access to key markets and centres
- Monitor & manage the partner performance at a corporate level & in the field including individual HCP visits and co-visits
- Manage the Business :
- Work closely with Supply Chain and Planning to manage the distribution & supply chain & ensure appropriate forecasting of demand & stock is in place across the portfolio for the region
- Work closely with regulatory to ensure the necessary registrations, approvals and documentation are in place to allow product promotion in each market. If such registration is not available, then ensure that only compliant, disease awareness activities take place.
- Ensure all appropriate agreements are in place to correctly manage, track & record all financial transactions across the region
- Partner with Finance to create and manage the Regional budgets, tracking and managing expenses, variations and debtors as well as forecasting
- If required support the wider Partner Markets organisation
- Think strategically about the future development and evolution of patient access and the associated business within APAC
- Lead local business case development
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Seasoned Pharmaceutical professional with deep and established understanding of the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in specialty products is a strong asset, preferably in the area of haematology, oncology and immunology.
- Experience in orphan - rare diseases and named patient drug supply
- Experience and knowledge of working in Asia Pacific and China is a distinct advantage
- Experience in changing business models from partner to local affiliate
- Prior experience in managing sales and distribution vendors
- Strong cross-functional collaboration with the ability to view issues from multiple functional perspectives.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong, collaborative relationships at all levels of the organization ie Global, Regional, Local, and to operate effectively in a complex matrix organization
- Good business acumen and the ability to approach issues from multiple functional perspectives.
- Creative leadership style underpinned by strategic and analytic thinking to leading change and drive business growth as well as identify new commercial opportunities
- Effective communication at all times. Experience in delivering complex messages to various internal and external customers with a track record of effective and influential presentations
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills with good emotional intelligence. Excellent listener; inclusive, seeks broad input and feedback; frequent and effective feedback/follow-up
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent IT skills - familiar with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Educated to degree in Biological Sciences or equivalent
- MBA or equivalent desirable
- Fluency in Mandarin is desirable
Description of Physical Demands
- Responsibilities may require working outside of "normal" hours, in order to meet business demands.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.