About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, we want to make a difference. For more than 95 years, we have led the way in diabetes care. Being part of Novo Nordisk allows our employees to embark on life-changing careers, and the opportunity to help improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world. Help us bring quality to life. Working at our Diabetes Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (DAPI) manufacturing facility you will help meet the growing demand for our treatments. Novo Nordisk expects to double production of diabetes and obesity drugs over the next decade and are currently building a new 825,000 sq. ft diabetes Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) plant in Clayton, NC next to our existing “fill and finish” manufacturing facility. Our new $2 billion API facility is expected to be operational in 2020, with 700 full-time employees responsible for the fermentation, recovery and purification of insulin and GLP1 ingredients. This once in a life-time career opportunity is ideal for pharmaceutical manufacturing professionals who not only understand the operational complexities of manufacturing but also have the desire and drive to help us build, validate, and run our processes. Here, you will work with the best manufacturing professionals in the industry. Are you ready to make a difference?
Act as Finance Partner to relevant stakeholders based on designated process responsibility within DAPI-US Finance. Use available data & business knowledge to create insights, in order to help stakeholder’s make decisions & take actions. Establish & sustain optimal planning, controlling & forecasting processes for designated areas in DAPI-US. Ensure solid financial deliverables from DAPI-US to relevant stakeholders. Safeguard financial targets in DAPI-US.
- Use process area knowledge & business insights to seek improvement opportunities & solve business challenges
- Proactively support central or local business cases & decision-making involving areas of process responsibility
- Ensure increase of financial understanding across the organization by offering training & participating in cross area processes, site visits, etc.
- Drive timely & solid delivery of formal submissions & ad-hoc requests within area of expertise
- Ensure that financial deliverables from DAPI-US are aligned to requirements from DAPI Finance
- Safeguard that DAPI-US process areas meet financial targets by using continuous analysis, follow-up & suggesting corrective/preventive actions to production responsible, Directors & CVP
- Represent DAPI-US in financial matters as needed, including central forums & work groups
- Areas of responsibility may include the following:
- Production economy, including raw material consumption, yield performance & unit cost
- Performance & risk management, including KPIs & risk reporting
- Project Portfolio & asset management, including investment budget & asset review
- Business intelligence, including creation & improvement of relevant analytical tools
- Manning & capacity costs, including driving budget processes across DAPI-US
- Driving planning, forecasting & controlling.
- Other accountabilities, as assigned
- BA/BS in business, finance or related discipline required
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in manufacturing, maintenance or process with a preference toward pharmaceutical or other regulated industries
- Minimum of five (5) years of financial analytical and financial accounting experience
- High degree of experience within strategy deployment & long-term target settings
- Able to develop & manage action plans to achieve targets
- MBA in logistics, finance or related field preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years of SAP experience
- Advanced knowledge within corporate finance systems, preferably within pharmaceutical industries
Physical & Other Requirements
- Occasionally moves equipment and/or supplies weighing up to 30 pounds within the facility
- Constantly operates a computer & other office equipment using hands
- Able to move throughout the facility in the performance of duties in proximity to process equipment & areas
- Able to work in an open office environment with the possibility of frequent distraction
- Able to adjust schedule to work with colleagues in other international time zones
NO RELOCATION IS AVAILABLE FOR THIS ROLE
At this time, Novo Nordisk is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future would require sponsorship for employment visa status
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.