Requisition ID: BUS003165
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare .
Merck's Information Technology organization partners with colleagues across the business to help serve our patients and customers around the world. Ours is a high energy team of dynamic, innovative individuals dedicated to advancing Merck's contribution to global medical innovation by leveraging information and technology to efficiently advance the business by driving revenue and productivity.
How will you invent the future?
As our US CIM (Commercial Information Management) Business Intelligence Technical Analyst Lead at Merck's Austin IT HUB, you will be part of inventing tomorrow. Our Innovative centers are where great people come together and deliver solutions that save and improve lives.
We are seeking motivated talent interested in solving problems to improve tomorrow.
The primary responsibility of the technical analyst lead is to define the functional, technical and data requirements needed to deliver business focused BI solutions and ensure that delivery of this solution meets the quality requirements of the Business teams. This will include the following:
- Manage the Technical Analyst team to ensure all technical deliverables meet necessary standards and team is striving or innovative, high quality and cost effective solutions for our Commercial Business
- Actively participate in project scoping and/or business requirement sessions as a means of assisting the Business Analyst in crafting such artifacts
- Lead the development of project outputs such as solution vision and design, functional/user requirements, solution mockup, prototypes, and technical architecture (if needed), test cases, and deployment plans
- Communicate business requirements to and work closely with development teams to ensure accurate understanding and implementation
- Responsible for ensuring quality and understanding of E2E solution for all BI analytics projects
You will work and learn more about:
- US Commercial strategy
- Enabling BI capability to support business strategy
- Working within the market and leveraging the hub network
Education Minimum Requirement: - B.S. or M.S. in IT, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
Required Experience and Skills:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, with demonstrated expertise in the BI and Analytics space including strong technical understanding of BI tools and architecture
- Demonstrated experience in the pharmaceutical commercial BI space
- 2+ years of Qlik development and design experience
- Experience with leading teams and eliciting requirements for complex systems
- High Proficiency in Information Management, Data Analysis and Reporting Requirement Elicitation
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Deep understanding of data management best practices and data analytics
- Ability to lead requirements sessions with clients and project teams
- Strong leadership, verbal and written communication skills with ability to articulate results and issues to internal and client teams
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Business/Technical Analysis
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: no
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Austin