Requisition ID: OUT000640
The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its 125-year legacy. With a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products, Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck's Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a "patient first, profits later" ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The division is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
Senior Specialist, Health Economics Outcomes Research
(12-14 months contract)
The principal functions of the Senior Specialist, Health Economics & Outcomes Research are:
- To lead the planning, development, implementation, and communication of innovative and relevant health economics and real world evidence strategies and tactics in support of the payer value proposition for Merck products
- To quantify the clinical benefits of Merck products in economic terms that are meaningful to Health Technology Assessment Agencies (CDR and INESSS), payers and pCPA
- To prepare, submit and present economic evidence and analyses to (federal, provincial, private) formularies and pCPA in order to gain, maintain, and expand market access of new and existing Merck products
- To collaborate, support and align with other reimbursement functions (Pricing, Policy, Access Planning, Field Access) locally and globally in the development and execution of the access and pricing strategy
- To sit on cross-functional teams and identify opportunities to work collaboratively with colleagues to deliver on brand objectives
- To provide expertise regarding health economics, outcomes research and the Canadian HTA and reimbursement environment to groups within Merck at the local, regional or global level
- Ensure that global pharmaco-economic models are designed to support Canadian HTA needs
- Adapt globally developed pharmaco-economic models for Canada, and write accompanying reports for submissions to CADTH, INESSS and private payers
- Develop customized Budget Impact Analyses models and reports as per payer requirements
- Provide extensive support during pCPA negotiations related to pharmaco-economic, BIA and/or forecast considerations
- Ensure appropriate local and global input into relevant therapeutic reviews
- Develop economic protocols / proposals in collaboration with internal (e.g. Medical department) and external (e.g. academic, research organizations) experts
- Prepare abstracts / manuscripts of study results for publication / presentation
- Customize technical data into compelling messages in the format required and appropriate for local stakeholders
R elevant work experience in Health Economics and/or Outcomes Research required.
- HTA (NESSS / CDR) and pCPA support requirements and processes in Canada.
- Payer needs and requirements (public and private) for reimbursement of pharmaceuticals
- Healthcare Policy and Drug Plan developments in Canada
- Pharmaco-economic principles / guidelines and methodological developments
- Budget impact methodologies
- Familiarity with various databases available in Canada
- Specific experience with Markov models
- General understanding of statistical methods and tests
- Master's degree in Epidemiology, Health Administration, Health Economics, Drug Development or related field
- Expert level Excel user, experience with Visual Basic is an asset
- Strong business acumen and project management skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Flexible and adaptable to changing needs and timelines
Language: Bilingual (French / English), written and oral
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Merck's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. Merck is an equal opportunity employer, proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives
Please Read Carefully:
Merck is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Job: Outcomes Research -Health Econ
Employee Status: Temporary
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck