About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, we want to make a difference. For more than 95 years, we have led the way in diabetes care. Being part of Novo Nordisk allows our employees to embark on life-changing careers, and the opportunity to help improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world. Help us bring quality to life. Working at our Diabetes Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (DAPI) manufacturing facility you will help meet the growing demand for our treatments. Novo Nordisk expects to double production of diabetes and obesity drugs over the next decade and are currently building a new 825,000 sq. ft diabetes Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) plant in Clayton, NC next to our existing “fill and finish” manufacturing facility. Our new $2 billion API facility is expected to be operational in 2020, with 700 full-time employees responsible for the fermentation, recovery and purification of insulin and GLP1 ingredients. This once in a life-time career opportunity is ideal for pharmaceutical manufacturing professionals who not only understand the operational complexities of manufacturing but also have the desire and drive to help us build, validate, and run our processes. Here, you will work with the best manufacturing professionals in the industry. Are you ready to make a difference?
Enable & inspire DAPI-US to "live cLEAN®" by implementing & driving continuous improvement (CI) mindset throughout the site; providing cLEAN® tools, training & expertise; leading CI projects & initiatives & partnering with the organization at all levels.
- Assist site leaders to develop CI plans; identify, prioritize & initiate CI activities; follow-through on CI initiatives; work with highest levels of site leadership
- Provide cLEAN® coaching for team members & site leadership at all levels
- Develop, lead and/or facilitate CI kaizen workshops, problem solving workshops, failure investigations; assist to develop facilitation skills of others
- Communicate across site to share best practices, success stories, ideas; collaborate across DAPI-US, NNPILP DFP & PS sites as appropriate
- Provide formal training in cLEAN® principles across the site
- Provide coaching & mentoring for 1, 2 & 3-Star project leaders across site
- Manage/lead complex cross-functional CI projects & MGPP for long-term initiatives
- Apply PDCA/DMAIC/DICOB methodologies to achieve significant, measurable improvement in business, support & production processes
- Provide direction, coaching & mentoring for project team members & leaders
- Manage/lead cLEAN® site initiatives
- Develop & lead change management plans for CI initiatives; develop control plans intended to sustain improvement gains
- Provide expertise to site in a variety of other areas (as appropriate): statistical & data analysis, MS Office products, project management, change management, etc.
- BA/BS in engineering, science, statistics, business or related field (MS/MA preferred), or equivalent combination of education & experience
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in manufacturing, maintenance, quality assurance, engineering, supply chain and/or process improvement
- Demonstrated expertise in pharmaceutical or related industry
- Certification & demonstrated experience/results as cLEAN® 3-Star and/or Six Sigma Black Belt
- Proven expertise in planning/organizing, managing execution, checking results
- Revising complex, cross functional projects
- Proven leadership skills
- Demonstrated expertise in Six Sigma, cLEAN® & change management. Demonstrated coaching, communication, change management & leadership skills
- Strong computer skills, including experience in MS Office, MS Project, AutoCAD, statistical analysis software or other related software packages
- Demonstrated flexibility, adaptability, agility, credibility & change management skills
Physical & Other Requirements
- Occasionally moves equipment and/or supplies weighing up to 30 pounds within the facility
- Constantly operates a computer & other office equipment using hands
- Ability to work the hours necessary to support a 24/7 continuous manufacturing operation
- Ability to work in an open office environment with the possibility of frequent distraction
- Ability to work in confined spaces, near operating equipment, in loud noise environments, and be clean room certified, if necessary
At this time, Novo Nordisk is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future would require sponsorship for employment visa status.
Novo Nordisk is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.