For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we'll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking a Client Account Manager for our Biologics Testing Solutions site located in Malvern, PA.
Manage client projects to ensure they meet client expectations and deadlines. This entails interaction with clients in order to understand their requirements and disseminating to and interacting with Business Development, Client Services, scientists, technical, operational staff, and Quality Assurance. This includes organizing, collecting, preparing and distributing information necessary to ensure operational milestones are met from the development of contracts to final reporting.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Laboratory Client Account Manager position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage projects to ensure timely initiation and completion of work, delegating actions where required, in order to assure client satisfaction, including but not limited to sample start, report due date, NCRs, quotes, and follow-up.
- Provide information to the client and scientist concerning standard testing programs, sample preparation, sample submission requirements, program coordination and associated documentation.
- Perform in-depth analysis of client issues in order to remediate or prevent client dissatisfaction and develop and maintain customized client communication for analytical and biological testing programs.
- Assist with pricing of new methods during development of contract, manage project process to identify changes in scope that would require revisions to contracts.
- Provide program and/or specific project updates weekly to clients and upper management and Facilitate conference calls and associated actions and deliverables.
- Maintain client communication files in an electronically accessible format, in conjunction with principal investigators, develop project timelines and milestones according to the client's needs.
- Keep track of project timelines for forecasting purposes. Be able to communicate forecasting information in a format usable to finance department.
- Assure that all pricing information for assigned clients is accurate in Sample Pro, entering and editing pricing when necessary.
- Education: Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in biological sciences, laboratory management, or related discipline.
- Experience: A minimum of three years related experience in a contract services setting. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None.
About Biologics Testing Solutions
With more than 50 years of experience and proven regulatory expertise, the Charles River Biologics group can address challenging projects for biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies worldwide. Offering a variety of services such as contamination and impurity testing, protein characterization, bioassays, viral clearance studies and stability and lot release programs, we support clients throughout the biologic development cycle, from the establishment and characterization of cell banks through preclinical and clinical studies to marketed products. Whether clients need stand-alone services, a unique package of testing, or insourced support, our Biologics group can create a custom solution to suit their needs. Each year more than 20,000 biologic testing reports are sent each and over 200 licenses products are supported by our biologics testing solutions team.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients' clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 14,000 employees within 80 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client's unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2018, revenue increased by 22% to $2.27 billion from $1.86 billion in 2017.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people's lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2018.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Biotech, Program Manager, Pharmaceutical, Manager, Science, Management, Research