IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
IQVIA Biotech is seeking a Client Business Development Director (Home-Based, West Coast) - IQVIA Biotech
Direct responsibility for establishing relationships with senior decision makers and clinical research personnel within pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. Critical functions include market assessment; account targeting, and all facets of client relationship management. Client relationship management involves needs assessment, developing an understanding of organizational processes, identification of opportunities, facilitating contract negotiations, closing deals and the maintenance of positive, ongoing relationships with key decision makers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide detailed analyses of market potential, competitive activity and possible clients
- Develop and implement an account targeting strategy based on market analysis
- Penetrate targeted accounts at multiple levels to ensure maximum understanding of, and influence over, the decision making process
- Identify opportunities and manage the selling process including facilitating negotiations and reaching closure on new business opportunities
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with key decision makers in all targeted accounts
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with key members of Novella Clinical's operational management and proposal/contracting teams
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated expertise in sales of clinical services
- Demonstrated expertise of the pharmaceutical, clinical research services and biotechnology industries
- Demonstrated track record as a self-starter, showing personal initiative and resourcefulness to drive results while working in an independent setting
- Demonstrated ability to manage client relationships
- Strong relationship development, communications and negotiations skills
- Excellent judgment in the execution of the duties and responsibilities of this position
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a team based work environment
CRITICAL JOB FUNCTIONS IN ACCORDANCE WITH ADA CRITERIA:
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Very limited physical effort required to perform normal job duties
MINIMUM RECRUITMENT STANDARDS:
- MBA (or EU equivalent) and/or advanced degree in a healthcare related field preferred and 5-7 years' experience in designing and implementing sales strategies at the executive level in either the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industries
- Prior experience in the sales of clinical services is highly desirable
This position is classified as exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act; employees are not eligible for overtime compensation.
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
Job ID: R1056861