Requisition ID: CLI008003
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world's premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, we're doubling down on this goal. Merck Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take Merck's leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases
The Clinical Director is responsible for protocol development and medical/scientific oversight of clinical research studies involving new or marketed drugs in the Vaccines Clinical Research group. He/she will be responsible for all phases of the trial process, including but not limited to the design, oversight and medical monitoring of Phase I to V clinical trials, preparation of progress reports and summaries regarding vaccine safety and efficacy, as well as analysis, interpretation and reporting of final clinical trial results. Responsibilities also include presentation of research findings at national and international scientific meetings and preparation of manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals. The Clinical Director will also contribute to establishing Vaccine Clinical Development Strategies and executing on short- and long-term research objectives. He/she will provide internal scientific leadership for cross functional areas supporting clinical development and external leadership through interaction with key opinion leaders.
Education Minimum Requirement: MD or MD/PhD
Required Experience and Skills:
- Board certified or eligible in a vaccine-related clinical field such as Pediatrics, Internal Medicine, Obstetrics/ Gynecology, or Family Medicine
- Research experience with evidence of strong scientific productivity such as authorship on published manuscripts
- Strong interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to function in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong analytical skills
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Subspecialty certification or advanced degree in related clinical or scientific field such as Infectious Diseases, Adolescent Medicine, Immunology, or Public Health.
- Research background in design and implementation of clinical studies, familiarity with biostatistics, and/or regulatory review process is desirable
- Proven leadership skills with ability to create and work in high performance teams and/or matrix organization
- Must be able to collaborate to resolution and articulate clear scientific strategy
- Prior pharmaceutical industry experience is desirable but not required
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Clinical Research (M.D.)
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name: Merck