IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
Clinical Leadership is focused on the delivery and quality of the contracted Clinical services within a project to achieve customer satisfaction. Focus is on leveraging clinical operations and therapeutic expertise along with the diverse Quintiles solutions to drive operational excellence particularly in respect to subject/patient recruitment and on-time high quality data collection. The Clinical Lead provides leadership of the clinical team, in support of the project leader, and in collaboration with the other functional teams, to achieve the delivery of the project's overall objectives to the Sponsor's satisfaction per contract while optimising speed, quality and cost of delivery and in accordance with our SOPs, policies and practices.
• Manage the operational aspects of projects to achieve "right subjects" and "right data" to meet our contractual requirements.
• Participate in bid defense preparations. Attend bid defense presentations and lead the clinical delivery strategy for less complex studies, in partnership with business development and senior project leader as needed.
• Develop and maintain clinical project plans, including but not limited to clinical operations plan, recruitment and retention strategy plan, etc. to be incorporated into the integrated study management plan/project management plan.
• Accountable for the clinical delivery (subject recruitment, site management, data integrity) per contract, ensuring consistent use of study tools and training materials and compliance with standard processes, policies and procedures.
• Partner with the project leaders to confirm objectives of the clinical team according to agreed-upon contract, strategy and approach. Effectively communicate and assess performance against these agreed objectives.
• Ensure all appropriate subject/patient recruitment strategies are in place at the outset of the study to maximise subject/patient recruitment opportunities to achieve delivery according to contract, including, but not limited to, all outreach or digital offerings being explored and deployed.
• Ensure all processes and tools are available to maximise clinical team's ability to monitor and secure patient recruitment to the monitoring team from the outset of the study including, but not limited to a clear recruitment strategy plan, the subject/patient pathway materials and clearly defined contingency plans with agreed trigger points for deployment. Throughout the study these strategies and materials should be kept under constant review and updated in response to progress on the study to ensure clear understanding by all parties (internal and external) of expectations throughout the recruitment period; and inspire customer confidence in a clear and enforced action plan and thereby ensure successful delivery to customer satisfaction.
• Monitor clinical progress against contract and prepare/present project information proactively to all stakeholders internally and externally as required.
• Deliver the project/program according to the quality management plan. Guide CRAs and advise on critical specific study issues.
• Collaborate with other functional groups within the company where necessary to support milestone achievement and to manage study issues and obstacles.
• Manage risks (positive and negative) which could impact on the clinical delivery of the project and determine contingencies. Partner with functional leaders in problem solving and resolution efforts.
• Achieve project quality by identifying quality risks and issues, responding to issues which impact the clinical delivery, responding to issues raised by project team members and planning/implementing appropriate corrective and preventative action plans.
• Serve as clinical project contact with customer where applicable and agreed with the project leader
Drive for high performance and efficiency of the clinical team through CRA project objectives including the conduct of monitoring visits.
• Support the project leader in ensuring the financial success of the project.
• Identify changes in scope and support project leader in completion of the change control process.
• Identify lessons learned and implement best practices.
• Adopt corporate initiatives and changes and serve as a change advocate when necessary.
• Provide input to line managers of their project team members' performance relative to project tasks.
All responsibilities are essential job functions unless noted as nonessential (N).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• In depth knowledge of applicable clinical research regulatory requirements; i.e., Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and International Conference on Harmonization (ICH) guidelines
• Broad protocol knowledge; therapeutic knowledge
• Strong understanding of Clinical Research industry (drug/device/technology/etc.) and the relevant environments in which it operates
• Ability to understand customer needs and appropriately influence decision making
• Basic knowledge of Project management practices and terminology
• Ability to develop and deliver training materials to achieve clinical team understanding of project and enable effective delivery thereof
• Understanding of project financials
• Proven ability to work through others to deliver results to the appropriate quality and timeline metrics, monitoring/managing performance and providing feedback; experience productively partnering cross functionally and with customers to advance work effectively and efficiently
• Ability to identify and organize clinical resources needed to accomplish tasks, set objectives and provide clear direction to others; experience planning activities in advance and taking account of possible changing circumstances; manages time effectively
• Strong communication and presentation skills, including good command of English language
• Demonstrated proficiency in using systems and technology to achieve work objectives
• Proven ability at analyzing data and information to derive conclusions and drive sound decision making
• Experience working productively in a pressurized environment, managing competing priorities and maintaining a positive outlook at work; handles criticism well and learns from it
• Excellent customer service skills
• Strong software and computer skills, including MS Office applications
• Demonstrated learning agility and openness to learning and keeping own knowledge and skill set current and evolving
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in a health care or other scientific discipline with 5 years clinical research/monitoring experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience. At least one year previous Associate Clinical Lead experience.
• Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech
• Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers
• Regular sitting for extended periods of time
• May require occasional travel
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
Job ID: R1088755