IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
Currently we are hiring a Clinical Operations Manager, Sponsor Dedicated (m/w/d) to work with a team of Clinical Research Associates office-based in one of our offices in Frankfurt, Freiburg/Br. or München-Sauerlach or alternatively home-based throughout Germany.
While projects vary, your typical responsibilities might include:
- Manage staff in accordance with organization's policies and applicable regulations. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and guiding professional development; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems. Approve actions on human resources matters.
- Participate in the selection and onboarding process for new clinical staff by conducting candidate review and participating in the interviewing process. Conduct onboarding training for new staff in conjunction with Human Resources and Learning and Development training programs.
- Ensure that staff has the proper materials, systems access and training to complete job responsibilities. Provide oversight for the execution of the training plan, SOP review and mentored training experiences, as applicable.
- Participate in the allocation of resources to clinical research projects by assigning staff to clinical studies that are appropriate to their experience and training.
- Manage the quality of assigned staff's clinical work through regular review and evaluation of work product.
- Identifies quality risks and issues and create appropriate corrective action plans to prevent or correct deficiencies in performance of staff.
- Ensures that staff are meeting defined workload and quality metrics through regular review and reporting of findings as outlined by clinical operations management.
- Work in a close collaboration with client to ensure delivery is in accordance with need and support the client's project management team
You should have:
- Bachelor's or higher level degree in a health care or other scientific discipline or educational equivalent; 7 yrs of clinical trials experience, preferable including 3 years experience in a leadership capacity; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience"
- Advanced knowledge and ability to apply GCP/ICH and applicable regulatory guidelines
- Strong leadership skills
- Computer skills including proficiency in use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in German and in English
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Effective time management skills and ability to manage competing priorities
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
- Flexibility for regular travel, approximately 30% of work week
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
Job ID: R1089387