Join us on our exciting journey! IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
This position is with IQVIA's Privacy Analytics team in the heart of downtown Ottawa, Canada.
Our Professional Services team is growing. We're hiring Clinical Trials Data Anonymization Analysts to support an expanding line of business. In this role you'll be end-to-end responsible for client anonymization projects. Using our tools you will analyze and mitigate the risk of re-identification for trial participants whose data appears in clinical trials documentation. As an ideal candidate you learn quickly and can produce extremely accurate, precise work within tight timelines. You're familiar with medical or scientific language, and your excellent communication skills are complemented by strong technical acumen and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Develop familiarity with our de-identification methodology.
- Own assigned projects or project tasks and deliver such on time and with the required quality, providing timely and transparent status updates and managing client expectations.
- Configure our in-house software tools, to process clients' clinical trials documents and data.
- Core responsibilities include: Pre-processing documents, analyzing lengthy, technical / medical documents (Clinical Study Reports) against established standards, including noting sections which may or may not be clearly identified, checking the quality of automated document processing steps and manually securing patient and commercial information where required
and / or:
- Identify and classify direct and indirect identifiers, measure and mitigate re-identification risk, determine and apply required transformations.
- Facilitate the creation of anonymization reports and other client deliverables.
- Collaborate closely with other team members, ensuring that all work meets established quality standards and is completed on time. Participate in peer-reviews of work products.
- Identify and communicate tool enhancements/refinements and relate defect documentation to developers and researchers.
- Skill for pre-processing datasets (importing from client formats, converting data as required), analyzing complex and complicated statistical clinical trial data structures, transforming data using SAS scripts and SQL would be an asset but are not essential.
- Ability to understand policy documents and apply this understanding in a variety of contexts; an educational background in health sciences may be beneficial.
- Ability to learn our methodology and develop a thorough understanding of how directly and indirectly identifying information contributes to the risk of re-identification. This is generally demonstrated through experience and comfort with scientific and quantitative disciplines for example, clinical research, STEM fields, etc.
- Exceptional detail-orientation.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- The drive to meet exacting deadlines and the flexibility to adapt to shifting priorities.
- Ability to manage sensitive information with the utmost confidentiality.
- Medical writing and/or clinical trials experience is an asset.
- Familiarity with ICH guidelines for clinical trial documents and EMA Policy 0070 are valuable assets.
- Experience with Adobe PDF and MS Office products (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) required.
- 1-2 years working experience with SQL (MS SQL server), SAS, R, and statistical analysis of clinical or healthcare data would be a great asset, but are not a requirement for all positions.
- Experience configuring and working with Natural Language Processing (NLP) tools would be a great asset, but are not a requirement for all positions.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled'
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes. Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there! We invite you to join IQVIA™
Job ID: R1061203