Requisition ID: TEC001316
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century . Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that's committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
As part of the Contract Manufacturing Category team, the Senior Specialist, Project Management leads global strategic projects to ensure compliant and cost competitive supply from Contract Manufacturers for our organization's Animal Health products. The Senior Specialist plays a leadership role in the management of projects at Contract Manufacturers concerning product transfers, qualification of new APIs, raw materials or packaging materials sources, product changes introduction, compliance with commitments with regulatory agencies, etc. The Senior Specialist's leadership will contribute to assure the projects' completion within the required quality, schedule and cost performance expectations, with emphasis on stakeholder and risk management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- People leadership. Expected to lead and influence peers, as appropriate, in the leadership of projects or other initiatives (for example, cross functional team members on a project team).
- Project Management:
- Leads strategic projects establishing full project plans, including timeline, critical path assessment, risk assessment, contingency planning, mitigation planning, communication planning, and contact listing during planning phase of a project. Evaluates and adds details to project plan in conjunction with all participating departments.
- Supervises the execution of the project plan by the project team, and lead any required problem solving or conflict resolution effort.
- Discusses project progress with the project team and key stakeholders on a regular basis, and provides timely updates on project changes, risk assessment and/or other issues affecting project execution according to the project plan.
- Ensures any project supporting requirements, including API supplies, excipients, equipment, drug products and packaging supplies, analytical transfers, stability sampling or approvals necessary to the process, are properly managed.
- Conducts full project reviews to ensure all project deliverables have been met under required compliance and all financial requirements have been fulfilled.
- Proactive Cost Management: Assures project execution under the established cost requirements.
- Stakeholder Engagement/Management: Leads engagement with projects' stakeholders at the same organizational level or one to two levels above, and across functions such as Supply Chain Management, Quality Assurance, Process Technology Services, Environmental Health and Safety, Finance, Regulatory Affairs, Legal, etc.; across the world in support of projects' execution.
- Strategy Development/Implementation: Create breakthrough strategies which deliver effective and efficient projects' execution, generating legitimate business value. Drives innovation.
- Continuous Improvement: Able to identify any lessons learned and evaluate project performance with the project team, leading to project management processes improvement
Minimum Education Requirement:
- Undergraduate degree (Bachelor's Degree or equivalent) preferably in Engineering, Science, or Business fields
Required Experience or Skills:
- Overall 7-10 years Pharmaceutical or Biological operational/project management experience, within manufacturing environment or company.
- Minimum Five (5) years of hands on work experience in project management.
- Experience working with Contract Manufacturers in the Pharmaceutical or Biological sectors.
- Experience working with suppliers and customers across the world ("global" experience) in the pharmaceutical industry
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well with people from many different disciplines.
- High degree of flexibility and adaptability to deal with ambiguous and dynamic situation.
- Experience managing multiple simultaneous and complex projects requiring frequent communication, organizing/time management and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, collaboration, negotiation, analytical, and project management skills.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, problem solving, and team building skills/experience and sensitivity to diverse cultures
- Ability to work independently with minimal coaching
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Post graduate degree in business, engineering or technical fields
- Ability to translate strategic vision into tactical plans and manage the change required to execute.
- Ability to work with senior management with professionalism and discretion.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of it's manifestations.
Job: Technical Procurement
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): N/A
Hazardous Materials: no
Company Trade Name: Merck
Nearest Major Market: Kansas City